Iberoamerican Summit

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Thought for food. How can the D.R. justify the cost of RD $1.2 billion or US $60 million for the Iberoamerican Summit taking place in Bavaro on the 15th and 16th? What is the marketing thought the government has to explain the cost? I suppose someone has projected a great return on the investment.

I just find it very hard to justify, when a local Bavaro elementary school has to go begging for help to optain proper lavatory facilities, building security, staff, and a long list of other necessities. My favorite, is when the maestra wanted a national flag for the school, the government could not come up with one. She had to scrounge one from a local business. The government is supposed to supply a stove to the school for the new govt. breakfast program for students. I heard the maestra is to arrange for the food and cooking with no further govt. subsidy. So much for the breakfast program.

I just pray for the students sake some of the visiting Iberoamerican dignitaries pay a visit to the school to see and ask of the conditions.

Just hope that some of the RD 1.2 billion makes its way to the school. Regards, PJT

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2002
Since almost no government money is legitimately spent, why not identify US$60M for the Summit? Like all projects, 80% will be siphoned off and the remaining 20% will be spent on businesses that will repay the powers that be with political support or more tangible benefits.

It has to be stolen somewhere, so why not in Bavaro?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
After living in the DR for a couple of years............

.....and observing the waste and corruption in the government here,I remarked to a visiting friend that if 50% of the money the government took in was spent on the people it was a lot! I can now after almost 8 years here,agree with Porfio Rubirosa,20 % to the people,maybe less!Those "jepettas" are expensive these days!It really is sad!This could be a paradise for all the people if all the money wasn't stolen by just a few of the people!CRIS

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Its all good El Burro sucked Chretien and the Canadian people into giving up 35 million us for education and health.This will go to educating polititians on how to drink to Hippos and smiley Chretians health

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
ERRATUM

The figure was misreported - it's only going to cost $60-milllion RD. ONLY. What a bargain!

Apr 26, 2002
= US$3,000,000

$3,000,000 x 80% = $2,400,000

Forty 2003 Mitsubishi Monteros @ $70,000 each = $2,400,000

Coincidence?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Think about this

What I posted about Colonel Pepe Goico, Hipolitos Chief of Security in the open forum based on information that was already out in the streets but hidden by the cowardly Dominican press, is only an advance of what is to come there. Being that he was in charge of security for this conference(He has now been relieved of his duty an under arrest for corruption investigation) imagine all the fraudulent expenses he would have been able to incur in such huge event.

Luckily, he got to greedy too soon and apparently siphoned off $40,000,000 pesos(I believe a conservative figure on the basis of my calculations that purchasing houses, apartments Rolexes, luxury cars, and skimming $18,000 dollars a day would add up to more) from Hippos presidential credit card issued by Baninter personally by Ramon Baez Figueroa. He got caught red handed.

If Hipolito had any shame he would resign. Here is a president who surrounded himself with an ex-con who was undicted previously for a $65 million lottery fraud. His case was still pending, but in view of his relationship with Hipolito, he remained free and his case frozen in limbo, like every good political maneuver. This is not Hipolitos only ex-con and rat in his inner circle. Everyday the press comes up with more cases.

Pepe Goico was hated by everyone, the press, the people, the army. He only had one friend...Hipolito. Hipolito gave him free reign to do as he pleased. He beat up reporters and pushed people around. He always has. Now he is walking around in bermuda shorts, the type worn by Najayo prisoners at the armed forces headquarters under arrest. Yet he continues to act as a mafia lord giving orders and living it up. The whole thing is a scam.

Can Hipolito shake up this scandal right at his doorstep. What if he knew? Would people doubt this? Notice Goico was wearing an expensive new coat during Chretiens visit in Canada. That must have cost a fortune. What about Baninter? How can its president explain that one of his key executives in the credit control area would be enlisted personally by Goico into the Navy and live two lives right under their noses?

If you scripted this for a movie people would think of it as fiction. It is reality before your eyes.

TW

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Re: Think about this

golo said:
What I posted about Colonel Pepe Goico, Hipolitos Chief of Security in the open forum based on information that was already out in the streets but hidden by the cowardly Dominican press, is only an advance of what is to come there. Being that he was in charge of security for this conference(He has now been relieved of his duty an under arrest for corruption investigation) imagine all the fraudulent expenses he would have been able to incur in such huge event.

Am I wrong to think that some other high official is going to step up to the plate, take advantage of the present chaos and continue to corrupt in the same manner as is alleged of Colonel Pepe Goico? I would not be surprised if the conference goes over budget. Regards, PJT

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Iberoamerican Conference fun part

On the light side of the Summit....did you know that the real reason President Chavez is risking his presidential chair coming here is not for the summit, but to visit a cute girlfriend in Santiago de los Caballeros(Get that AZB?) Chavez is even rumored to have a child with the young lady.

Watch for Chavez itinerary when he gets here. Of course, the man has everything worked out with our security people to have him sneaked into Santiago without notice, like every good horny President. Chavez loves Dominican girls and I would not be surprised if he moves to DR after his days in power.

AZB keep an eye on this guy and hide your girls somewhere.

Another one hooked by our chicks!!!!

TW