Hello DR!

Jordan

Nov 6, 2002
I am new here. Just wanna say Hi.

I will probably become a citizen in few months, :cool:

Right now, I am living in Ontario Canada.

Ok, before I go, any suggestions? whatever what's related. like living, biz, social issues, politics, or anything? cuz I have not much knowledge of DR. :shame:

Cheers

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Hello??

You're going to become a citizen of a place you know nothing about? Man, you must have some big cojones or you are running from something in Canada. How about some more details?

Jordan

Nov 6, 2002
lol, yeah, it sounded like crap.

I am only following my parents, I might just come back to Canada after a short period of time staying there cuz I am still in school. But not 100% sure yet.

leja

Oct 16, 2002
Jordan...

Welcome to the board Jordan! I'm guessing you probably meant to say that you may become a DR resident soon, not a citizen. But anyway, what kind of info are you looking for on the Dominican Republic? There is lots of great information in the DR1 archives, but if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask away.

By the way, what kind of school are you in in Canada ? high school ? college (how old are you)? And if you stay in the DR, what are you planning on doing there? Just wondering... As a kid, I was also taken along to different countries when my adventuresome parents decided to relocate - it can be quite an amazing, challenging, eye-opening, and life-changing experience. I wish you luck, and I hope that I can help out with any questions you may have.

~Leja

Jordan

Nov 6, 2002
Hey sup Leja

Yeah, a high school student here.

not quite sure about what I really wanted to ask, I guess, just few basic knowledge, like I've known they speak Spanish and English.... and all that kinda stuff.

is it a big difference between a citizen and a DR resident?