luxurylink.com

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
I came across this sight, www.luxurylink.com, a couple of months ago. You can bid on high end vacations. They finally had one on there from the DR for the Sea Horse Ranch which Robert mentioned once. A package worth $3200 US, six people for 5 nights, went for $1500. I did bid for up to $950. I'd like to bid again if it comes up but I'm not real familiar with that part of the country. What all is around that area like golf, restaurants, etc. Any information would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Sea Horse Ranch is a gated comunity owned and managed by the American North Coast Consul Mr Bill Kirkman.It is halfway between Sosua and Cabarete,there are many good restauraunts nearby however a car is needed or you will be spending a lot on taxis,small golf course nearby 15 minutes drive,top golf course in carribean Playa Grande comparable to pebble beach ask the hillbilly or others a must play

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Thanks Johnny

Yeah, I definitely want to play Playa Grande. I guess it will be best to rent a car. The SHR comes with a chef for extra $, of course, but I would like to eat out too. I can't wait for some good dominican food.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Going West 30 minutes, is the Playa Dorada complex which has an 18 hole Robert Trent Jones course (not as beautiful as Playa Grande but a lot cheaper). I live near by in Puerto Plata so give me a yell if you are coming down & we will meet up for a game (I would say I'll play a round with you, but someone will only misinterpret what I am saying!!!). - Grahame

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Me, too!!

HB

Playa Grande IS a must play, and Playa Dorada is a very nice course!

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Costa Azul in Caberete is pretty forgettable, the other 2 are much better. HB, commin' down again end of Jan., am going to take another trip up your way-interested? Maybe we can get Mr. Bush out to play once- would certainly like to meet up with him.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
RandyE,
Just try keeping me away!! I'm down there at least once a week but trying to get "Her Indoors" to sanction leave of absence from the house for me to a second visit each week!! I suppose I shall just have to start being pleasant to her again!!

If anyone wants info on caddies to ask for at Playa Dorada, just send me an e-mail saying when you will be down & how often you want to play! - Grahame.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Me too!

HB
Golfer.gif

In my dreams!!

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Sounds like we have a FOREsome!!! Will e-mail both you gentleman shortly. HB, hope you have some of the Santana's left- the golf league went apeshit over them.