GOP is bad, very bad for DR economy

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
Since the GOP will soon have full control, I see bad times ahead for the DR economy and the rest of the CBI members. Discuss, 'cause I'm veklemt.

Jose?to
BHL

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Why is that? Bush and the Republicans have favored free trade.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
No change at all

Since when does a change in the administration or composition of congress and the senate in the U.S. make a difference?

It hardly makes a difference for Americans in the U.S. Its just style points.Nothing more. George Bush spent exactly 10 minutes with Hipolito Mejia. That shows you how much it affects us.

TW

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
If recent comments by chickenhawks regarding CBI are an indication of things to come, then thousands of duty-free zone jobs in the DR may be in jeopardy.

Jose?to

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
This government is nuts!!! out of their mind. I am now considering selling my apartment in Santiago and saying good bye to the ?Paradise Island?.

I am sure there are many more like me.

PS?Nobody lives in my apartment and I got a 5000 pesos electric bill..

Missing_DR one step closer to running away from the Isla.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Maybe a "Republican Administration" will be bad for the DR!

Hard times ahead for Dominican Drug Dealers! "Real Judges" will be put on the bench,longer sentences for the "Dealers"! Welfare cheats beware!The dominicans in NewYork who have several Welfare Accounts may have to come home,or go to WORK!"Oh"! I said the "W" word! The "Ilegales" may now be deported,instead of put on the welfare rolls! Yes The "Republicans" are bad news for the Dominican Republic!,,and for anyone else who likes to "Eat",but not "Work"!CRIS I am about to jump on the "missing-dr" band wagon! This place is starting to really "SUCK"!("Missing",didn't you know that "AZB" rents your apartment as a "Cabana" when you are not here?!

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Real judges? Yeah, like the five clowns--Scalia & co.--that decided the 2000 presidential elections.
Repugs are talking about restructuring some of the deals with the member countries of the Caribbean Basin Initiative.

Where have you gone, William Jefferson? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Criss,

As long as he keeps it clean and pays the bills I am ok with it, by the way if you are ever in Santiago with a jeva let AZB know, but first he must re-enforce the beds... lol

Pavan

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Joseito,

Unless you are just anti-Republican, how much of a
factor do you think the US Government has on the
business cycle? US spending policy is just
one, albeit important, input that influences economic
results in the face of ongoing business cycles.

You must be as blind as Ray Charles to think that the whole nation turns its eyes to Bill Clinton. As a matter of fact Al Gore would have lost Florida by many more votes if the national news media had not called Florida for Gore, while the polls were still open in the Panhandle region.
BTW, George Bush may not have Bill Clinton's intellect,
but I know he wouldn't hit on my wife at a party.

Moca

Last edited:

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Villa Trina,

If I was married, and the great Clinton hits on my wife, I would consider it a compliment. Us liberals are a confident bunch, you know?
The only hitting that Shrub may do would be of the abusive variety. He's a nincompoop, along with SKKKalia, ASScroft and Condom lizard Rice. And Chest Painy is a slimy, little weasel who operates sooooo low that he needs a step ladder to perform fellatio on sidewinders and copperheads.

Big business controls the agenda. GOP = BIG BUSINESS.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I thought you opened this thread in the Debates section because you wanted serious discussion of the question. Surely you can make your argument without lowering yourself to the level of your last post.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Well said Ken!

You should have seen the name calling on the "Living" Forum the other day!As a Conservative,and someone who often votes republican,Joselito is way out of line here! "Little Joe",probably refers to his PENIS!!!CRIS

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Very true, and well said, Ken. However, my post regarding DR's economic future only generated cynicism and generalities, instead of real discourse and concern.
And to tell you the truth, if I had a chance to meet Scalia, Rice and the likes, I would most definitely welcome it; I would learn a lot from them.
My stupid response was only elicited by the previous post, in which the writer employed the Republican's obligatory--and ONLY-- line of defense: Clinton's sex drive. I should've exercised control, and exhibited respect for the owners and members of this board.
Having said that, let me apologize to everyone here.

Jose?to

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I hope the Republicans cut off the USA involvement in the Liberal institutions such as the World Bank and IMF. Those two "Bodies of Self-Flatulation" have proven to be at best useless.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Not so fast Mondongo!

The World Bank,and IMF provide some very inportant services! Have you seen how these guys party? French Wine,Russian Caviar,private jets,seaside resorts for conferences,and the best part,can you imagine the "Hookers" they get?So don't be so fast to dismiss the "Good Works" they do! CRIScccccccccccccccccccc

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Joseito,

Apology accepted.

I just used that example as an quick aside to demonstrate
BC's lack of charcater. Although this thread wasn't about Bill Clinton, I was referring back to your post reagrding Americans wanting BC back. To say that the Gop is bad for the Domincan economy still has not been proven by your posts. Other than the fact that you know how to make fun of the names of several prominent Republicans, I am waiting for your proof. Btw you didn't even address how business cycles work. I have not read anything to back up your original post.
GOP= Grand old party, not Big Business. Big Business gives
to both parties, and therefore has access to both.

te cuida,

Moca

nycguy7077

Oct 13, 2002
Hmmmm,
Hey, I love the DR and its people, and when I'm not traveling there, I can be found in Manhattan's Washington Heights area sipping a cafe con leche in Little Santo Domingo telling the Dominican employees news of their country. (Many have not been back in years)
Having said that, I must ask........Since when does the GOP, or Democrats or any US political party exist to serve the interests of a foreign country? Change must come from within.

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Either you think I am just some naive, uninformed know-nothing, or you do not read NTY, Latin Trade, Foreign Affairs, or pay attention to what politicos say on C-SPAN.
Their comments stem from the GOP's campaign promises to manufacturers in the Carolinas who are whining about US giving too much of their contracts to the CBI member countries.
For a moment I thought about researching it thoroughly, but considering the vague generalities this topic received, I decided against it.
At any rate, this is the wrong place to discuss this, as I have discovered.

Jose?to
Can't stand still and I won't go quietly