Looking for more sites that post hotel prices like Boca Chica

oldhippy

Jul 22, 2002
Are you aware of any more sites tht list "budget hotels" in the R.D. with their current rates like you'll find at: www.bocachicabeach.net ?

http://www.bocachicabeach.net/

I'm not talking resorts here, [like Debbie's site]. I'm talking small hotels that cater to independent budget travelers and are too small for the wholesale tour companies to even deal with.

Is there a budget site for Santo Domingo? If not...what are a few good cheap/budget hotels in S.D.?

What about Bayahibe...Las Terrenas...or Sosua?

If you live in the R.D. creating this site for budget travelers would be a great asset. [hint hint!]

Cudo's to the web master at bocachicabeach.net!...now, how old are those rates that are posted?????

If you know of any list that includes budget hotel rates in the R.D. I want to thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
In the Accommodations section of www.samana.net you will find that we include a room-rate price range for most of our hotel/apartment/rooms advertisers. This information is on each sponsor's page along with an email link to the accommodation for further information. There are a number of budget accommodations available in Las Terrenas, a few of which advertise with us.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
oldhippy said:
Are you aware of any more sites tht list "budget hotels" in the R.D. with their current rates like you'll find at: www.bocachicabeach.net ?

http://www.bocachicabeach.net/

I'm not talking resorts here, [like Debbie's site]. I'm talking small hotels that cater to independent budget travelers and are too small for the wholesale tour companies to even deal with.

Is there a budget site for Santo Domingo? If not...what are a few good cheap/budget hotels in S.D.?

What about Bayahibe...Las Terrenas...or Sosua?

If you live in the R.D. creating this site for budget travelers would be a great asset. [hint hint!]

Cudo's to the web master at bocachicabeach.net!...now, how old are those rates that are posted?????

If you know of any list that includes budget hotel rates in the R.D. I want to thank you in advance.

Thank you for the kind words.

Most of those rates are what we call "general" and contain a range and it is as accurate as possible. There are too many different variations and they change their prices too often to be any more precise.

Most hotels have a variety of room types, charges vary based on length of stay, room options (air cond. vs fan, # of beds, kitchenette, room location, etc.), the time of year (high/low season), and the current economic condition. Even then, they charge different prices to different clients depending on how the client came to know of the hotel (internet discount and referrals from well known clients, booking through a tour operator, or just asking can sometimes achieve a discount).

Because of this, nobody can provide a list of accurate prices for small hotels in Boca Chica, or elsewhere. Be aware that some prices include taxes and some don't, so ask before you book. In general, taxes are included in the price quotes of smaller properties and not for the All-Inclusive properties.

The site is less than 18 months old. That's how old the prices are, mostly. Some properties may be charging less due to economic conditions however.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I have to Agree with Jim

The hotel I use provides a double room ( two bedrooms) in a specific location in the building and stores my luggage and books between trips and charges me the same single room rate high season, shoulder and off-peak.

Using their own site you would find the rate at least $10 US a night higher to $20, depending on the time of year.So the web sites (whether the consolidation sites like bocachicabeach.net or the hotels own site) are a useful guide and then you e-mail or call for the straight dope.

Also you can often get better rates for more than a week, or by the month.