American traera su triple 7 a Santo Domingo

Jan 1, 2002
American will use the boeing 777-200 in the boston - santo domingo route from january, the boeing 777 offer more confort, security, what other boeing airplane.

is the airplane more grand of American Airlines floute, and American is the third airline what arrival a boeing 777 to Las Americas International, later of Lauda Air and Continental Airlines.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
AA B777-200

Great news for those who fly on Navidad season..more passenger and more bag can be loaded on an b777-200.

Sam

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
error

American Airlines from BOS - SDQ with a Boeing 777-200

Continental Airlines from EWR - SDQ with a B767-400

Lauda Air i dont know of their come with their B777 i think de B767-300ER

Jan 1, 2002
Lauda Air arriva in a 777 in 1997, got the first airlines in do.

Continental Airlines arrival a 777 in December 2001, the second airlines in do.

American is the third airlines en arrival a boeing 777 in las americas airport,

Jan 1, 2002
Here a copy of when arrival with your 777 to Santo Domingo

Continental Airlines aterriza un moderno Boeing en el pa?s

AVIACI?N
SANTO DOMINGO.-

Continental Airlines vol? por primera vez en el pa?s un moderno Boeing 777, el cual trajo al pa?s dominicanos que vienen de la ciudad de New York.
Este Boeing viaj? los d?as 19, 23 y 24 la ruta Santo Domingo-Newark (en New Jersey, Estados Unidos), siendo esta ruta una de las m?s solicitadas y preferidas por los viajeros de negocios y turismo del pa?s.
Los vuelos fueron operados durante las fechas mencionadas por una moderna aeronave con capacidad para 48 personas en primera clase y 235 en econ?mica con todas las facilidades y comodidades disponibles. Durante el trayecto, los pasajeros pudieron disfrutar del sistema de entretenimiento a bordo con m?ltiples canales, ofreciendo una amplia variedad de v?deos y programaci?n de audio en distintos idiomas. Asimismo, el servicio completo de comidas ofrecidas se destac? por la variedad y calidad de sus platos gastron?micos y los mejores vinos.
Continental Airlines ofrece dos vuelos directos diarios hacia la ciudad de Nueva York, conect?ndolos con la puerta de acceso al mundo saliendo a las 9:20 y 2:20 respectivamente.

Sobre Boeing 777

La s?ptima maravilla pertenece a la familia de la Boeing y fue dise?ado para llenar el vac?o en el mercado entre 767 y el 747. El modelo 777-200 sali? al mercado en febrero del 1997 con capacidad de trasportar m?s de 394 pasajeros hasta unas 8,861 millas.
La aeronave, con un peso mayor a los 230,000 kilogramos, es la unidad de doble turbina m?s grande del mundo. Fue dise?ado desde sus inicios con la m?s avanzada tecnolog?a y ha sido el avi?n m?s probado en toda la historia.
Continental Airlines es la quinta aerol?nea m?s grande de Estados Unidos y ofrecem?s de 199 salidas diarias a 122 destinos dom?sticos y 89 internacionales desde sus centros de operaciones en Newark, Houston, Cleveland y Guam.

PS: publicado en listin diario, seccion las sociales, el 15 de enero 2002.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002

American brought the 777 last xmas from Miami and JFK. It has made several flights with that type of aircraft over the course of the year. The flights from Boston to Santo Domingo will be operated from the 4th of January to March 1st, then it will fly the 757 again. In another note, AA is also using their trasatlantic A300 in the caribbean routes. This is done since they decided to stop flying the A300 trasatlantic and using the B767 and B777 instead. I guess they will reconfigure the A300 to the standard cabin pretty soon.

GRS

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Re: increible

Latino2002 said:
i flew AA only ontime in my life.....waoooo.....i cant believe...
Do you mean it was on time once in your life or you flew it one time in your life?

Either way why is that incredible?

Actually AA being on time at all IS pretty incredible.

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
I haven't had many bad experiences on AA and given their size, I think they do a good job.

In regards to the three-class A-300s, I'm told their swapping them in as the the two-class A-300s go for maintenance. As the three class A-300s go in for maintenance, they are being reconfigured to two class. There aren't many of them though -- only 10 three class and 24 two class.

Brian

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
They are 1 Billion times better than charters

latinaviation said:
I haven't had many bad experiences on AA and given their size, I think they do a good job.
Brian

I have to agree at least they have more than the one plane when things go wrong. Having been delayed 13 hours on a supposed 4 hour non stop schedule with AT out of Toronto has soured me from using non-scheduled airlines ever again.

Mind you I pay anywhere from $880 to $1,400 CDN vs. charter (to La Romana) in the $500 CDN range. Not that I actually want to fly to la Romana.

I have flown YYZ-SDQ via MIA 12 times in the last 2 years and never missed a connection, had one delay due to A/C breakdown and even then the 2 hour late departure wound up only 1:15 hrs. late on arrival in SDQ.

Benefits from frequent use accrue more than people think with AAdvantage and so forth, making trips nicer and nicer as you do more and more.

I like the A300 since Row 26 has those exits which give you 6 feet of legroom, even more than Business Class. The Business seats are pretty threadbare on the A300's used today, maybe the reconfigured ones will start to show up on the MIA-SDQ run.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
oooopsssss

sorry ...i flew aa one time in my whole life..back in 1990 SDQSJU......lol...but my moms fly every 3 months with AA or AE....into THE BIG DR....

sam

Dominicanoxp

Dec 19, 2002
all of you are forgeting

the A340's of iberia and air france wich is a really big plane
and the A330-330 of european airlines

don't forget airbus
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Airbus.. when you want to save a buck and cost a life!

I wouldnt change airlines because of planes but I feel safer on a 7xx.

As for American Airlines I have flown them about 40 times in the last 2 years and had one flight delayed out of POP to JFK for about 40 minutes and every other flight left either on time of as of 9-11 EARLY!

I know that you cant make everyone happy all the time but I have to tell you that I have flown probably more than most and have NEVER had much problems. I am talking 175000 miles with American, 250000 miles with Delta, 75000 with Continental and 125000 miles with US Air. Not included are a few trips on Northwest, 10 trips with Airtran, a few on United and numerous on the ones that have gone out of business. I have even flown Icelantic:) I never have had a problem with anything with the exception of bags with Delta ONCE and I even got a 125 dollar voucher because of that and another problem for each of my passangers.

Dominicanoxp

Dec 19, 2002
in case you didn't know

like you have so many miles in the skies you should know that boeing had has more accident thant airbus
airbus accident has been due to human errors, lack of maintenance or hijacking.
am an airplane technician and i work on the airbus fleet of us-airways and let me tell you i see them boeing guys working their butt of and what we do regular maintenace nothing out of the other world
you should talk with facts not just ideas
delta - contienental - american northwest
how about
air france - luftansa - cathay - BMI - LAN chile - iberia - air china

major users of airbus big arilines in the world
i recomend you to go to

http://www.airsafe.com/

and do your research b/c you can fly all over the world but no know a technical thing about planes

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Ok.

History,

Boeing was founded on 1903. Airbus was established in 1970's. Boeing best seller the B737 has over 94 million flights and the closest competitor of Airbus has only 13 million flights. Compare apples to apples please....

Btw, the Concorde which is an Airbus product(became airbus after they merged) has the worst rate of accidents if you go by statistics. 12.5 by every million flights (you figure the whole fleet will be gone since they are only 13 left).

PS: The fleet of AA, the biggest airline of the world is 95 percent boeing with only the A300 left as an Airbus product. Then you have Continental, Southwest, Ryanair, EasyJet, Copa, etc, etc. Even Usair and United which have airbus products their fleet include a lot of boeing aircrafts. Then you can go to British Airways, Japan Airlines, Air Europe, Alitalia, Condor (lufthansa subsidiary) etc.

If you need more facts, let me know...

GRS

Dominicanoxp

Dec 19, 2002
not agree with you

the a320 family a319 , a320 , a321 is replacing boeing 737's
and in the next 10 year the competition will be equal of course boeing was founfded in 1903 but let's compare since the 70's when airbus industries was founded.

plain and simple boeing sucks and is sinking
how many layoff this year a don't forget last year
you could tell me all the facs you want
but i live in the real world and i had work on 732 advanced and 727
airbus is selling more planes
and you adding up douglas dc-9, DC9-83 to boeing family as the best seller i request you research the web and loook who's selling more and who will be number one
boieng sucks

O

Old_BUFF_Driver

Boeing "sucks' eh! Somehow our "Sucky" old Boeings have been dropping bombs before you were born with the highest sortie rate of any "simlar" platform in the world

You sound like a disgruntled wrencher that got his tail kicked out of working on real airplanes and now have to fix Euro Crap for 1/2 rate

Keep melting that plastic and gluing those flight surfaces back together, flying models, that is what A/Bus Industries is