First the BAD news,then the GOOD news!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Santo Domingo,the Dept. of Protection of Women reports that they have received 8,206 complaints of physical abuse against women this year.(Editors note;They did not take into consideration that these same 8,206 women will receive at least one more beating,for reporting the first beating!)87 women have been killed by their husband,or ex-husband,the BAD news,and 16 of these men then killed themselves,the GOOD news!!!Does the phrase;"Tip of The Iceberg" come to mind here?CRIS:knockedou :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

earosemena

Aug 18, 2002
At least DR women are recognizing that being abused by a man is not normal and certainly not a sign of love. In Mexico in some remote towns, still, a woman feels unloved if she's not beaten on her wedding night. Education is the key.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
any shelters or programs for battered women (and their children) who seek help there? or is that non-existant?

how does the policia react to such crimes of domestic abuse? is it a slap on the wrist or something more serious?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Lee-Lee, it is very frustrating. All the talk shows are whining about the situation but nothing seems to get done. The offender goes to jail, gets out on bail and goes and kills the woman for putting him in jail. A terrible cycle of violence.

Personally, I favor chemical sterilization, or castration, or blinding of the offenders, like in Merrie Olde England! Sh!t, do them all and let God sort them out.

HB

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
I've actually heard woman say they don't mind the beatings because of the passion in the makeup sex. And they get their's in too. Hell hath no fury! They use every weapon at their disposal, every opportunity of surprise for their revenge. If I were a woman beating Dominican, I'd be afraid to go to sleep, walk alone anywhere, or eat the food she prepared.

earosemena

Aug 18, 2002
Dr is not the only country with an abuse problem. We have the same problem in the US, wife abuse and child abuse. Abuse is about control and power. It is a vicious circle of ?ill-treatment and make up? that escalates ?till the violence its unmanageable. It involves co-dependency and an array of other problems involving poor self-image. It's not an easy problem to resolve. Only about 5% of abusers recover after therapy. Only when we evolve as human beings and get away from the "macho" syndrome we?ll start seeing a solution. In the meantime I agree, with HB castration and/or sterilization works for me.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Don't be too judgmental The worst thing that can happen to a person is to be ignored. Even the child that gets beat prefers the beating to being ignored. Plenty of women leave their men, and plenty of the men are "whipped".

I think half the girls on the street are there as a result of being kicked out of their house at 14 after refusing to cooperate with house rules (boyfriend vs. Mommy). Then when the boyfriends that they ran off with gave them their first pounding, they were out of there, but too proud to crawl home with their head hung low. To the streets. From what I've seen, wife-beaters when reported, get picked up lickety split by the cops, way faster than in the USA, and I know a few chicas that have had their man's asses stomped by a bigger guy (sometimes one of their side men) or arranged a jumping staged to look like a robbery by a few entrepreneur tigueres.

Dominican woman are every bit as hot blooded as Dominican men. And sometimes the only thing they understand is a raised hand (no need to do the golpes, raising one's hand is all it takes to get one's attention, sometimes the eyes of fury in a man alone will do it).

I'll never forget walking with a German tourist to the jailhouse as I tried to talk him out of pressing charges for his bleeding arm. He kept say, no, this is not "all right". She cut me, she cut me with a knife. It was her finger nails and he had gotten freco with a waitress he thought he could treat like .... He dropped the charges before arriving at the station after he got it through his head that they were both to be arrested for assaulting the other. I was there to help both, the girl being a friend and they man being naive and surprised, and now off his high horse.

Another guy I know was attacked once by his jealous girlfriend. Once back home, she attacked him with a knife. After he got the knife from her, she threw everything in the house at him. Those glass ashtrays can be dangerous when used as a full speed as a trajectory.

He pinned her against the wall. He had her subdued. So he thought. He has a scar on his chest in the shape of a pair of teeth. Then they had fireworks, and the best lay ever.

Last year, the owner of a Boca Chica pelucaria could not take that her husband had another and dowsed herself and him with fuel. She lit herself on fire and then jumped him. She died, he survived (barely). The same girl somewhere in her 40's had been making a strong move on a friend of mine just weeks earlier, bragging how she wanted nothing because she already had money.

5% of abusers recover after therapy? That must be some damaging therapy. Everybody I know that has been abused, at one time or another, be it a boyfriend, father, uncle, or boss, which is just about every Dominicana I've ever met, has recovered. They are tougher than you might think. Dominicanas will rip each other's heads off very quickly in confrontation with each other.

Recall a post I made about the tourist, who was dismayed that she would just up and slam him in the face with a beer bottle like that, as he bled and was being carried away to the hospital. What comes around, goes around.

Anybody that beats a Dominicana lives a dangerous life. Between the police, boyfriends, propensity for revenge, their own violent tempers, their "grab the nearest weapon" mentality, and the imminent danger of someone pushed to the end of their rope, you'd have to be crazy to do any substantial hitting.

And like I say, when I hear woman talk of getting hit by the man and when asked why, they tell of getting their own shots in, of their plan for revenge, and of the hotness of the sex when they makeup.

Last edited:

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
"Only about 5% of abusers recover after therapy." Who gives a chit if the abusers recover?! It is the victims who need to recover. When the victim recovers then hopefully they can educate the next generation . Once the next generation learns... then the cycle of abuse will stop. It is a crock of chit that victims like the abuse because they like the sex after that is supposed to make up for it!