How is easy is it for Domincans to get Visas for Europe and Canada?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Im just wondering is Getting a Tourist Visa for European Countries so easy since I read that Domicans are all over European countries illegaly..they entered on Tourist visas and never left.is it that easy?how do they do it?

Sanni1975

Jun 6, 2002
first of all: why do you wanna know? planning to stay in europe yourself?

secondly: it all depends... you can't really say it's easy or difficult. it's the circumstances that matter. if they have a good day at the embassy and like your face and have denied the last 50 applicants, your chances are quite good to get a visa.

if they had a rough day and were bugged to much by visa-seeking people you're chances are rahter bad, especially if you take your papers along rolled like some enchilada/burrito-type-style.

the more often they granted a visa and have seen you return, the more easy it gets in the future. this is what people say. but if your visa has been denied once or twice, you'd better believe the third time to be quite unsure and nerve-robbing, too.

well, and how they do it to stay here - i don't know but guess i would not recommend it to anybody.... maybe if you want to live hidden all your life and selling yourself the cheap way on the "black market" for jobs that noone else would want to do... i guess that's worse than what you can encounter in your own country.... but that's my personal opinion.

sandra

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is difficult. Women are recruited for prostitution or drug mules. Men are recruited as penises for hire by German, English, or French women that can't get "any" in their home countries.. Dominicans that want to tour in Europe, and can obviously afford it, have no problem. The rest have serious problems. I once heard a clerk at the Spanish Embassy ask a woman how long she had been a whore....

HB

P.S. As for Canada, look in the Archives. It is extremely difficult.

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
8,000,000 Dominicans , 220 Visas in Canada

JC171 said:
Im just wondering is Getting a Tourist Visa for European Countries so easy since I read that Domicans are all over European countries illegaly..they entered on Tourist visas and never left.is it that easy?how do they do it?

Issued in 1999. Sounds less than easy. Don't waste your time or my taxpayer paid empoyees time either, it won't work.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
It is relatively easy for Dominicans to get a visa to many countries in Europe (relative to the getting a visa to visit the USA or Canada), including Germany, Holland, Italy, and Switzerland. I've met dozens that have had vacations over there paid for by their sweethearts while almost none have been able to visit the USA or Canada under similar circumstances.

Advice to applicants: During the interview, don't lie. Don't tailor your answers - they've heard it all before and you will come off as dishonest. Get a letter of invitation from the party you will be visiting, sent from the consulate of the country to be visited (the host needs to arrange this).

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Holy cow, Jim, this is provoking within me...

What would surely be one of the funniest series of scenarios I have ever thought about!!

Jim Hinsch said:
It is relatively easy for Dominicans to get a visa to many countries in Europe (relative to the getting a visa to visit the USA or Canada), including Germany, Holland, Italy, and Switzerland. I've met dozens that have had vacations over there paid for by their sweethearts while almost none have been able to visit the USA or Canada under similar circumstances.

Advice to applicants: During the interview, don't lie. Don't tailor your answers - they've heard it all before and you will come off as dishonest. Get a letter of invitation from the party you will be visiting, sent from the consulate of the country to be visited (the host needs to arrange this).

I propose the following contest

1) Write that letter as if you were the person requesting that this person (male or female) visit you in , say, Germany.

2) Write the Following Dialogue:
Consular Official: "I see you want to visit Place the name the country here.?
Applicant: You take it from there. That is, you write what the Dominican applicant will say. And the rest of the dialogue.

If there are more than five submissions, I will give away a pewter beer mug to the winning submission.
IF the submissions are really bad, I will ask a non-participating personage to give a verdict. But be warned, I have to laugh!

HB, in a really wierd mood today!!

Submit your stuff via e-mail or PM. DO NOT POST HERE!!