Which 1st class service is better AA or Aeromar?

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
My parents are very interested in flying into DR firstclass..in your opinion which offers better 1st class service Aeromar or American Airlines from Jfk?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
No Kidding

Why risk anything especially if you are paying for first class, which is really business class. Stay with the big guns with lots of planes.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
All other things being equal (and I agree with the others here who say they are not), the frequent flyer miles you would gain using American are far more valuable in terms of redemption possibilities.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Recently flew SDQ-Newark on Continental. May I say that the Continental service is much much better than what you get on American. I am speaking of economy, so I would assume the Continental first class is far superior too. Maybe worth paying for.

I would not spend on flying first class on any of the American Airlines short routes. Total waste of money. Bulkhead and exit rows seats are the best option in economy.

No comment on Aeromar as I have not flown this airline.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I find Continental to be comparable to American. Continental's aircraft fleet is newer than American's and the fleets of most othe airlines. Continental has an exclusive on direct flights between Newark and Santo Domingo. American's schedule is far more convenient than Continental's. After all, Continental has only one flight during most of the year and no more than two during peak season. That can be a major problem if Continental has to cancel a flight.