I'm (not convinced yet!) officially...

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
<b>A GRANDMOTHER!</b>

<b><i>Xochitl Caleigh G?lvez Rios</b></i> was born on November 15, 2002 at 7:52 a.m. She weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz, and is 19 inches long.

Her picture will soon be gracing the pages of the DR1 gallery.

Only one "grandma" calling is allowed per person...after that it will be "Mimi" to all...

Mom Jahaira is doing just fine, they were home on Saturday night, and of course, the baby cried all night!

My son Christian had to go to work today, I really don't know how they were going to manage! I really don't remember ever having a bad night with my own three kids...but...that's life!

So, now you know the reason I haven't been able to make my final travel arrangements...had to wait for the baby to get here!

Although now it seems like it's going to be even harder to travel, but believe me ...I'll manage to get away, somehow!

I'll probably have to skip the Merengue Festival...but it looks like I'll be spending New Year's again in SD!!!

Will there be some kind of reunion or party for that time?

Please, don't leave me out of it!

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Congratulations Grandma MQ!!

Can't wait to see pics of the little cutie!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Is this one of your jokes, MQ?

Seriously, congratulations.
baby025.gif

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Congrats MQ... Having personally met you, you make ME look like the grandma here. You're gonna be one of those hip Mimi's who will probably be running circles around the baby rather than the other way around. ;)

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Primero,FELICIDADES:cool:
May the baby be blessed with love and health, may the grandmama continue to boogie:bandit:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Congratulations Gramma! You will find yourself doing strange things in the very near future...
May the Good Lord keep the little one in His Palm....

Wonderful...

HB

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Congrats MQ,

The only problem I had becoming a grandfather was the fact that I would now be sleeping with a grandmother! I'm sure, however, that you will continue to have your stable of young studs surrounding you. If it bothers them, that you are a grandmother, just remember there are some well experienced grandfathers out there. We may be old, but we're not dead!
Bob

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Hey, thanks everyone!!!

You know, the only problem I see here is that I don't feel any different...should I?

MommC...That's exactly what my family calls me...my daughter is making me a shirt that reads: SUPER SEXY NONA...

But even that still sounds OLD!!!

Ken...no joke this time...Love your graphics!!! but I hope I never look like that!

Hillbilly...I am always doing strange things...you mean...even stranger things? God help me!!!

Theresa...you know you're right, girl!

Johnny H...Thanks...I intend to!

Jan...NO WAY!!! I even had contacts made...'cause I need glasses but I'll be damned if I'm gonna wear them! As far as house dresses...yes...but miniskirts is more like it!!! And now I'm going to the gym 7 days a week!!!

Bob...I don't plan to divulge that information...at least the first couple of times...but you know...some guys have a fantasy about that...if not, I'll be sure to follow your advice!

Debs...I sent the pics to Robert...you'll see them hopefully soon!!

Tony Cabrera...thanks...but it's gonna be at least a few more years for the next one!

Thanks again, gang!!!

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Tony C ...you're probably right...but what am I exactly?

You know, now that I'm a "Mimi" I don't get computer lingo as easily as before...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I can't believe I missed this thread. Congratulations Musicqueen. You'll get to understand the saying " If I knew how much fun grandkids were going to be, I would have had them first! LOL
They sure are great to have.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Tony C...I can't stop laughing!!!

No, I didn't see American Pie...sorry! Guess I'm gonna have to see it now...or admit I'm getting really old!

Thanks for a good laugh!!!

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
MQ, where did you get those congas? Wow, no wonder Tony said that about you ;)