DELTA......NW/CO....and ALPA

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
ALPA ratifies DL/CO/NW alliance 3:30 p.m. 11/18/02
Delta pilots, represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, recently ratified an agreement governing DL?s participation in a marketing alliance with Continental and Northwest. Negotiators on behalf of Delta and ALPA originally reached a tentative agreement Friday on the three-way alliance. "This is an important step toward concluding the Delta/Continental/Northwest agreement," the company said in a statement

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
More Delta....DOT

DOT extends alliance review process 9:44 a.m. 11/18/02
The U.S. Department of Transportation announced Friday that it was providing interested parties an additional time period, until Dec. 4, to comment on the Delta/Continental/Northwest codeshare application. The DOT said it would hope to make a final decision by Dec. 21. "We are confident that DOT will complete its review process of this application because of the benefits offered to customers for more convenient travel opportunities," DL said in a statement. "This agreement is pro-competitive and will allow the three carriers to compete on a more equal footing with the United Airlines and US Airways agreement that was approved by DOT earlier this month."

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Very good news sam. Tell me, if delta will code share with CO in the caribbean routes then you think Delta will have an office in DR anytime soon? I mean if people with delta tickets will be flying CO to DR (including santiago) then would we have a delta office here in the near future? I am really excited about this code-share agreement. Thanks for the good news.
(P.S. Sorry sam I couldn't see you in the E terminal as My flight left 7am to SJU from terminal A).

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Delta

I guess not yet...what i can see is that the 3 airlines will combine fares, routes and aircrafts...and reduce some markets and staff.

We have a caribbean manager MR. Luciano wich is the station manager for SJU.

We dont know nothinz about Non-REV agreements yet, like for Employee or buddy passes to fly on each others.

I hope this codeshare will be feneficial for all Customers and Delta People's....

DL still Looking to Operate ATL-RD Market . ATL is the biggest HUB in the WORLD.

Any more INFO...we keep you update.

sam

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Delta

DL: the best way to ?fliegen? 10:25 a.m. 11/19/02
The German travel magazine fliegen & sparen (fly and save) has chosen Delta as the best American airline in a direct comparison with all its North and South American competitors. The result was published in the November issue. All of the airlines were assessed on security, price, and comfort. According to the test results, DL leads in the security category where it obtained the maximum score. DL also received a good assessment in the board service category and had the highest score in the category "bonus program, price, flight passes, routes and alliances." Regarding Delta?s route network, the magazine?s tester said: "Through the SkyTeam alliance, Delta is able to offer a global route network, which is complemented by codeshare agreements and its regional carriers."

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
dl

Hey Jazz i just want to be able to Nonrev on COntinental...so i can see where i was born..1999 last time i was eating mangu and Yukca.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Sam, the next mangu and yuca will be on me if you could come non-rev in CO to sti. Let me know if the delta buddy pass would get me in and out of DR? When you give me that good news, then I will also throw in a jucy fillet mignon with mushroon gravy sauce and mashed potatoes. Not to mention a sweet wife to go along with it to spice up the evening. What ya say? is it a deal? hahaha

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
delta

L, Alianza Summa sign commercial agreement
11:09 a.m. 11/22/02
Delta and Alianza Summa have formed a commercial alliance that includes codesharing on routes between Colombia and the U.S. and within Colombia. Alianza Summa consists of the Colombian airlines Avianca, SAM and Aces. "Delta is pleased to partner with Alianza Summa and offer our passengers greater access to the Colombian market," said Paul Matsen, sr. v.p.-International and Alliances. "The agreement allows Delta to reinforce our commitment to the Latin American market and to continue to position Atlanta as a gateway to the region," said Matsen. "Alianza Summa views this partnership as an important step into the international arena for our organization," said Juan Emilio Posada, Alianza Summa?s president. "It represents also the fulfillment of a plan devised to offer more and better options to Colombian and overseas travelers, in terms of routes and connections available, as well as customer service."

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Delta

DL regains No. 1 passenger ranking 3:06 p.m. 11/27/02
According to recent filings with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Delta has regained its worldwide lead in the total number of passengers carried. DL held the lead until American Airlines acquired TWA, becoming the world?s largest airline both in terms of revenue and in terms of passengers carried. But the results from the second quarter of 2002 show DL in the lead again with passengers, carrying 21,609,772 to AA?s 20,661,499 and Southwest?s 19,301,842.

And why We dont fly to RD ????....

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
DAL

Marketing Agreement deadline extended 3:14 p.m. 12/4/02
Continental, Delta, and Northwest have advised the U.S. Department of Transportation that they have agreed to extend the closing condition deadline date in their Marketing Agreement to Dec. 23. This change was made to accommodate the DOT?s recent statement that it hoped to complete its review of the DL/CO/NW Marketing Agreements by Dec. 21.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
DELTA/ NW/ CO

Northwest pilots agree to codeshare with Delta

Northwest Airlines Corp. reached an agreement with its pilots union to let the carrier join with Delta to sell seats on each other's flights.
The agreement provides job protections, the Air Line Pilots Association said in a joint statement with Northwest. Details weren?t immediately available. Northwest already has a marketing accord with Continental Airlines, the third participant in a proposed ticket-sales alliance.

Delta, Northwest and Continental -- the third-, fourth- and fifth-largest U.S. carriers, respectively -- proposed the so-called code-sharing plan in August.

Their plan is still being reviewed by the U.S. Department of Transportation. The joint ticket sales can help increase revenue.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
dal/nwa/cal

conditionally approves DL/CO/NW pact 3:40 p.m. 1/17/03
The U.S. Department of Transportation has conditionally approved a codesharing agreement among Delta, Northwest Airlines and Continental Airlines. The decision, which follows a thorough analysis of information received from the carriers and public comments, would allow the carriers to place their designator codes on each other's flights in most markets. DL currently is reviewing the substance of the DOT's decision. The complete ruling is available at http://www.dot.gov/affairs/dot00403.htm