Business Idea

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Armored Car cash pick up/delivery service

I have noticed a opportunity for a business in the DR. I personally have no interest in doing this business so I thought I would throw it up here.

I have many friends and relatives who operate various cash businesses in the DR (colmodos, tiendas, etc). These businesses all run the risk of being robbed, especially on the way to the bank, which apparently is not an uncommon occurrence.

Some enterprising individual might want to look into filling this niche with a cash delivery pick up service in an armored vehicle.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Shad

My understanding and what I have witnessed here is that the security companies that provide armed guards for homes, like Dominican Watchman, etc. have armored trucks that provide this service to enterprises. There are quite a few companies like these already here.

Most of these outfits are managed and some owned by former Generals. This has become a niche for retired senior military. Currently this business is going thru a bad experience with the new Police Law, which allows policemen to moonlight, therefore hurting the security businesses established. Also the regulation of weapons imposed by the Secretary of Interior is causing havoc.

TW