Terra Bus

KaliWeb

Nov 10, 2002
www.kaliweb.com
Hi,
I will be arriving in Port au Prince on Tuesday November 26th @ 2pm. I am trying to get the first bus out to Santo Domingo. I tried calling TerraBus in PaP but had a communication problem.. seems my French and the Creole spoken there doesn't work. Called TerraBus in DR it seems my spanish is a little stale.. ... I am sure communication in person is better.. than phone... and staticky lines too..
Anyways I would appreciate it... if anyone here could get me the info on when TerraBus leaves PaP for DR and vice versa.

Thanks in advance.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Read the News!

Just check out what's going on in Haiti, could be that Terra Bus is closed down for a couple of days because of riots.

KaliWeb

Nov 10, 2002
www.kaliweb.com
I am simply asking for a bus schedule.. I am aware that sometimes there are riots in Haiti but how would "reading the news" help with this... Yes it will inform me of riots but about the bus schedule..???

Thanks

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I find that one of the first place to look for information on most subjects is the internet. I did a google search for Terra Bus+Haiti and got a number of hits. Here is one of them http://www.hispaniola.com/DR/Guides/Transport.html

Scroll down to "Entry by road from Haiti:" and you will find info on the Terra Bus schedule as well as about several other buses.

But I can't guarantee that the indicated departure time is correct. Hopefully someone else will have first-hand knowledge to pass on.

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
Terra Bus leave Port-au-Prince at 10 in the morning

I have read somewhere on the net that Terra Bus leave Port-au-Prince and Santo Domingo at the same time for the opposite destination. This is at ten in the morning.

I guess you are arriving too late that will also be my problem on november 19th.

R

racimo

Check Caribe Tours. They also travel to and from Haiti. You may call this agency for information in the DR 809 655 8688

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
Thank you racimo

Caribe tours leave Port-au-Prince even earlier. That means 7:30 am.

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
Do yourself a favor, and AVOID Terra Bus. I went on one of their buses to El Polo Magnetico, and the bus brakes failed. We were stuck in the middle of nowhere for two hours and we even had to pay to a local mechanic for the repair. Later, we had an engine fire, and the bus` extinguisher didn`t work. Thanks God, a bus from Caribe passed at that moment, and could stop the fire with their extinguisher.