info on Villa Tiana in Cabarete

Debra

Nov 23, 2002
Looking for information on the Villa Taina in Cabarete. Will be in the DR first of March. Are there any resturaunts you would recomend?
Thank you,

Debra

POPGrl

Oct 30, 2002
Villa Tania is a great hotel. Very nice and clean. It's one of the nicest hotels in Cabarete. You will have a great time! It's right on the beach!

As far as resturants...there are many to choose from. It all depends on what you like to eat. I would also recomend going to Sousa and eating out there a few nights.

I am sure you will have a great time! if you need Anymore info please let me know!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Darn fingers! "S O S U A " not SOUSA.....
Accent o the "U " So sue ah

Hb, linguistically....

Oh yeah, Sosua is west of Cabarete, and you pass thru it on your way to Cabarete from the Airport

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Restaurants in Cabarete

I highly recommend Ristorante Vento on the beach for a classy seafood meal and the best pizza place in town is Pizza E Via on the east side of town (wood fired) and inexpensive. There is a multitude of restaurants lining the beach for any tastes and the discos & clubs start kicking it up at around 10:00 p.m. You will not lack for places to go!!!:cool:

Debra

Nov 23, 2002
Thanks

We most likely will be in bed before 10:00pm if the surf is good. We are going to surf and eat local food. We will be up by 5 or 6 am in the morning.

I am glad to hear the VT is clean. We have the whole 4th floor and terrace when we go so we can relax in the afternoon before dinner.

I will make sure we go to Sosua for dinner. I really would like to find out where we can find the best rice and bean with roast pork and plantains. Ummm!

I would also like to find a place that serves that hot cereal like farina for breakfast.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Villa Taina

Hi Debra

if you want an authentic Dominican dinner I suggest you visit the Gris Gris beside the El Nocho Park. You will need to take a taxi but they are quite inexpensive and this restaurant is in Cabarete. Really good Dominican food!!! Also the restaurants in Cabarete cater to all tastes. British, German, Spanish, Dominican and I was shocked, even Canadian!!! I even found a place that serves poutine!!

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Re: Villa Taina

rendul said:
[! I even found a place that serves poutine!! [/B]
Two places actually,the sports bar is run by Quebecquois,they also have great deep dish chicken pot pies also Blue Paradise beside the mini putt,also in my opinion best pizza in the D.R.
J.H:cool:

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Debra- If this is your first visit to Cabarete you might want to pick up this months issue of Caribbean Travel & life mag. Has a pretty good article on the town and although a little fluffy, seemed to have some good advice on different things to do while there.

Debra

Nov 23, 2002
Will do!

Thank you all for some wonderful information. I look forward to being in the
DR and not in an AI resort.

By the time we leave (March 1 2003) we will be prepared to have the time of our lives. I will pick up the Caribbean Travel and life magazine.

I am also interested in info on surfing trips from Cabarete. I understand the
surf beach is a few miles to the west of Cabarete. Are there any surf instructers
or tours that are better than others?

What about the"Caves"?
I have tried to find info but none. Is it a place you go with a tour or by yourselves? Are they dangerous? They sound interesting.

Thanks in advance for all advice, I read this board often so keep the suggestions
comming.