Paradisus Punta Cana

Pamela

Nov 24, 2002
Anyone been to Paradisus at Punta Cana? How was it? And do you have to be careful of the food/water?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Regarding the food and water

Pamela said:
Anyone been to Paradisus at Punta Cana? How was it? And do you have to be careful of the food/water?

Never been to Punta Cada as I don't go to AI' resorts , but I am sure someone will give you the skinny on it.

Also www.debbiesdominicantravel.com has reviews and since Punta Cana is nothing but an AI HQ there must be a review by now.

Do not drink the tap water anywhere in the country, AI resorts included.

A simple rule, do not deviate once. It is nothing to do with the quality of the resort, it is just impossible to do a one hotel water purification plant to N. American standards. Locals for the most part drink bottled water and buy purified ice.

All AI's will provide either bottled water or jugs of purified water placed in the room. In the bars of the resort you will be serve purified water and ice made from it as well.

Best to use the pure water in your room for brushing teeth as well, OK?
The food is fine. They will clean it with clean water - you might want to avoid lettuce though. Lots of ground contact and hard to clean, but in a clean place they have probably thought of that so a salad etc., should be edible. In town, maybe not. If there is a town at Punta Cana.

Last edited:

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
I'm not an all inclusive guy but a group of about 40 from Illinois and Wisconsin was there last February and everybody I talked to said it was great. Never drink the water anywhere in the country and since you're apparently going to be at an all inclusive, don't eat any food that has been sitting out for awhile. Finally, always bring some imodium or similar product with you. I even keep some in my pocket when traveling back to the States.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
I only visited the Resort and walked around, it's very nice. My understanding from a friend who knows someone who works there, had very good comments about the resort.