Why?

ConfusedNBK

Nov 25, 2002
I am new to this forum, but I have been reading and browsing for sometime now. I want to know if anyone can tell me why/how a man can be so totally crazy about a woman, and then just stop everything. If someone is so great to you, how can you just drop everything thats good? My friend told me that all Dominicans are like that, but I don't believe him...at least I didn't at the time. Is it me, or is there something that I don't know about Dominican men?

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Confused,

Actually I am confused by your post. What exactly are you
questioning about the character of dominicans?

te cuida,

Moca

ConfusedNBK

Nov 25, 2002
Moca,

I have dated alot of men from everywhere, and this particular man is the first Dominican man that I have ever dated. I am wondering if all Dominican men lose interest in a span of one day, or is this just my man?....I thought maybe it was a Dominican thing, I am just looking for an thought or ideas that anyone may have.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
I don't think this trait is specific to Dominican men (and yes I've dated quite a few). I guess we all lose interest in someone new after a while. Some just do so faster than others.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You knew him for one day or he lost interest in one day? I think, matters not where one is from, losing interest happens slowly. Or if you just met, then find out they are not you're type you have to walk away at some point. Does this make sense? I think my brain is on reverse again today. ;)

jrshd9

Oct 31, 2002
2+2+6

You really can't be serious to think you can label an entire population on one person? Johnny, where everyone lives it's called a one night stand

Stoner

ConfusedNBK

Nov 25, 2002
Ok..I think there is some confusion here, we were together for almost a year..this is not a one night stand. I just wanted to get some feedback of someone who has dated more Dominican men than I have to see if it was just this one guy or if someone else has gone through this crap.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
hey confused. welcome to the forum and i hope you'll be able to get your answers. I think part of your question might simply never be answered. All too often we try understanding dogs... oops i meant men, but to no avail.

in any case... you state you were together for almost a year. I'm sure his change wasn't a complete overnight. did you happen to see any warning signs, flags, signals in his behavior and attitude? try to link those (if you can) to something that could have happened to change his feelings towards you.

like everyone said already... I don't think it's STRICTLY a dominican thing, so let's clear away from stereotyping.

finally... is this a long distance thing or is he a dominican living abroad?

oh yea one more thing.... if he changed towards you.... whatever the reason is, maybe you should just move on. this person is obviously not for you if he hurt you this way without an explanation (how serious a relationship was this by the way? i mean... change without explanation illustrates a lack of communication in a relationship. )

smile.... life is all about human relations and the consequent intermingled web of confusion : )

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
The dominican men I have known don't do that(drop you like a bad habit), even if they are married ;) because they like sex too much.

The only thing I can think of is that:

Numero 1) You didn't put out (but even in these circumstances, he'll be trying you as long as he can until YOU tell HIM there is no chance of you returning to see him)

2) Something is going on at home (i.e. the wife found out and he's gotta keep it cool for a while. In this case, don't worry he'll call you as soon as things have cooled off)

3) He is mad at you for YOU for hooking up with one of his friends fyi- bad thing to do ;)

That is all I can think of.. hang in there I bet you he contacts you somehow soon if you don't fall in one of those categories.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
He did you a favor. Forget him and move on. If you chase him now you are demeaning yourself.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Re: 2+2+6

jrshd9 said:
You really can't be serious to think you can label an entire population on one person? Johnny, where everyone lives it's called a one night stand

Stoner
Really,gollee gee I thought it was special only in my village:cool:
J.H.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Maybe you became fat over a period of one year. maybe you say the same things over and over again. Maybe you stopped sending him money. Maybe, you had asked him to get a job for a change? I hope you didn't criticize his drinking habbits?
Maybe he is too young to understand a grown up woman like you.
There are just too many maybees, so why not help us out and tell us the real deal?
Good luck.

leja

Oct 16, 2002
ConfusedNBK?

With the very little info you gave, anything I could say in an attempt to help you make sense of your situation would be pure speculation on my part. If you?re comfortable doing this, could you give us a little more information? Was your boyfriend living in the DR, US, Canada, etc.? If he has been living outside the DR, for how long? Were you definitely woman #1? How did you meet? What was your relationship like before he left? Any idea why he might have left? I don?t believe that leaving is a Dominican thing, but the reason behind why he left could be at least partially?but it?s hard to say. I know this is much easier said than done, but my advice to you is to try your best to move on. Up and leaving you without any explanation or concern for your wellbeing certainly doesn?t say much for his character. He doesn?t sound like, as my friend calls it, ?boyfriend material.? Take care.

~Leja

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
leja said:
I know this is much easier said than done, but my advice to you is to try your best to move on. Up and leaving you without any explanation or concern for your wellbeing certainly doesn?t say much for his character. He doesn?t sound like, as my friend calls it, ?boyfriend material.?

I agree 100%, leja. Why beat yourself up over a jerk that obviously doesn't deserve it. If she has any self respect she will stop wringing her hands and move on. Sure it is a blow to her ego, but I bet if she thinks back she will recall signs that the guy was not a serious prospect.

(One of the smilies/message icons made available by the dr1 board should be like that Peanuts cartoon of Lucy standing in a booth with a sign saying "Doctor is In 5 Cents")

L

leonardo1267

I am new to the forum and in fact this is my first post, I just want to share my point of view , like dominican first and second like somebody that has been marry to foreign women in 2 ocassions, and date dozen more, about the topic.

the first reason why dominicans/foreigner relationship is in most of cases is so short is because of cultural issues. we dominicans like to be treat in a way that foreign woman will reffer as slavery but for a dominican woman it will be being a good wife.
I am living with a american woman in NY and she refused to bring my dinner or breakfast for me to the table. also she dont want to cook for me when she's angry or annoy for some reason, but dominican woman will never stop from doing those things no matter what!!! at first, in the start of a relationship we will no pay to much attention to those little details but eventually we will crave for those little moments of attention that we get from the dominicans ladies
I know what iam talking about, because i am just waiting to divorce my american wife and marry a dominican that i am mad in love with!!
please be nice with me ladies, but this is just the truth.
leonardo

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think you are putting us on, leonardo. You are not a Dominican. Dominicans don't let being married interfere with having a relationship with another woman. The woman you are mad in love with, if Dominican, knows this is the way it is. I think you need to do a little research in the archives about love and marriage Dominican style before you make another attempt to pass yourself off as a Dominican.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Ken, that was highly obnoxious. What's the matter - is the trusty welcome wagon missing a wheel?

He said he wants to MARRY his Dominican lady and as far as I know BIGAMY is still not legally viable - even for Dominicans.