The Milwaukee Art Museum

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The Milwuakee Art Museum, named the number one design of 2001 by Time Magazine, was Calatrava?s first US building.
It's beautiful, and I drive past it every day on my way to Japanese class.
I hope the people who visit Santo Domingo some day get a chance to see his work.
mk

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Mary

You are very lucky to have such a beautiful structure on your way to work by Museum Drive. I agree with you, the museum is probably the best thing in Milwaukee, although I know some of their clubs are nice and I had quite a few long parties out there with my friends from Waukegan, who used to go clubbing there. Believe it or not, we used to throw some real good salsa parties there.

I would also recommend to those who visit the Brewer city to stop by Chicagos Art Museum on Michigan Avenue by Grant Park and the Museum of Modern Art by Mcclurg Court. Its only 100 miles from Milwaukee. If its still there, I saw once the most impressive Andy Warhol painting, that of Mao Tse Tung. This is a mural size painting that could probably be in my opinion the best portrait ever done in history. Warhol painted this portrait in smaller sizes too. In fact, one of them was auctioned at Christies last Pop Art Auction. He brought the best prices. Chicago has one of the most impressive Impressionist exhibits in the U.S. with giant Picassos and Matisses, and their contemporary art room has nothing to envy MOMA in New York.

TW

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Waukegan??

I'm sitting at my office in Waukegan right now Golo however, will be sitting on a barstool in Sosua tomorrow. Are you from Waukegan? If so, we probably know the same Dominican families in town.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Hey KC

I am not from Waukegan. I lived in Chicago for 9 years, but I had friends in Waukegan. However, my friends were Puerto Ricans. I didnt even know there were Dominicans in Waukegan. It was hard enough finding Dominicans in Chicago, except around(of all places)Milwaukee Avenue.

But I never socialized with Dominicans in Chicago. Too backward for my taste!

TW