Interesting DR/Haiti Border News

Apr 26, 2002
Ministry of Truth

900 US soldiers on the border!!! They will likely include engineers and Seabees. Like in Peru, they will build free houses and facilities for the Dominican border guards (police and military). When the US soldiers depart, they will leave all of their equipment and guns behind for the Dominican border guards to keep. (And none of this ever shows-up in any approved budgets.)
If you know anyone in the DR police/military, tell them to get a transfer to the border pronto - the gravy train is about to begin!!!

Of course, what the article does not say is that the DEA will be included in the deal. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether the DEA will pretend to be civilian or US Army in the DR - they are capable of masquerading as either.

The idea is to enrich the border guards so they are less susceptible to low level corruption and will cooperate with the Americans on the "war on drugs". The result, of course, is that drug/weapons smuggling on the border will become a more expensive venture, but will not stop. Some may be relocated.

The Miami Herald article is an obvious propoganda plant by the USIA. I particularly liked the photo of the Dominican Second Lieutenant giving out money to the little Haitian kids (are we really to believe that Dominican soldiers are sharing their US$120/month with the Haitians). And the way the word "terrorism" is thrown-in for good measure - master propogandists at work.

Welcome to the "New World Order" for the Americas!!!

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
That article was ridiculous. 20,000 M-16 assault rifles donated by the US. Give me a break, what are they going to do shoot everyone. It is absurd. Instead of wasting the money to buy guns, why don't they use all of that money and help with the situation, so people won't want to flee.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Shit thanks for making my day just the news we need 20000 high caliber assault rifles soon to be available for robbery and mayhem,like we need that right now:angry:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
20,000 M-16's...I wonder in whose hands a lot of those will end up? Expect the level of violence in the DR to increase in a few years. What can you expect when you have those many weapons floating around the country?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
The US has already spent Billions $ on Haiti. Don't you remember Clinton's great Haitian romp? Haiti is a loss Cause!
As for the M-16's....The DR military is already equiped with M-16's. These will be exchanged for newer model M-16A2's. Sure a few will "Disappear"but have you seen criminals running around with M-16's now?

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
It stil seems like a huge waste of money to me and only promoting violence, instead of resolving it.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Blah, Blah Blah. The US should look out for US interests and the DR should look out for DR interests!
How is protecting ones interests promoting violence? If someone commits a crime and they are stopped is that promoting violence? The only violence that will happen will be caused by the Haitians! The DR has every right to protect their borders!

Tony C.

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Blah, Blah, Blah...

Okay, listen here. Protecting ones interests is promoting violence when they take advantage of it. In 2000, there was a suspected truck full of drugs crossing the border, or so they thought, so the DR border team assumed, turned out to be a truck load of Haitians who were shot at because they thought it was drugs and they were wrong. Innocent people died. It was a Mafia. There is lots of it around. A person should be killed because they are trying to seek a better life for themselves and their family? If that is a crime, that is absurd. The DR has a right to protect their borders, but they don't have the right to kill innocent people. You can't tell that doesn't happen. It does. By having so many people with guns patrolling, there is no question that innocent people will get killed. Dominicans for the most part, do not care much about Haitians (generalization).

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Meredith said:
By having so many people with guns patrolling, there is no question that innocent people will get killed. Dominicans for the most part, do not care much about Haitians (generalization).

What is your point? That instead of replacing the weapons the soldiers now have with later model weapons they should disarm all the soldiers in the Dominican Republic?

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Meredith sweets
Unfortunatly in the real world shit happens people get shot at and killed every day trying to illegaly enter the U.S.,Canada and many other countrys including the D.R.,with increased security due to fear (very real I might add)of terrorism.Maybe it would take a World trade center disaster in Toronto to wake you up,its a long way from being safe in our real world.
J.H.

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
You don't think I know that!

I have been to so many countries, I have seen more than you could imagine, I have seen it first hand, the way weapons are used on innocent people, especially Haitians, when they don't need to be. But people, need to start looking at the needs of the people and talking to them instead of simply thinking that having guards and guns will solve all problems. You wouldn't need so many guards and guns if people were trying to resolve the real problem, instead of just referring to it as a "loss cause" and giving it a blind eye.

You think that the WTC incident didn't affect me, give me a break, who wouldn't it affect, but because shit happens everyday, that still make it okay, to solve violence with more violence. Increased guns, it will in turn increase violence in a country like the RD or Haiti.

Last edited:

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Mer
You know I envy you wish I still could believe in dreams like peace on earth et al,however I also have seen a little in my life and reality takes its toll,hope you stay the way you are and dont get hurt.
J.H.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
meredith

You speak like a person who is from a country that has been under the protection of the US military for the past 50+ years. I don't see you complaining about Norad or the F-18 fighters we sold you at a discount!
Aren't you from the same country that used violence in attacking an un-armed Spanish Fishing boat a few years back? Jeez!!!What you guys will do to save some Fish!
Violence in the defense of liberty is no Crime! Just read the bible and you will see!

Tony C.

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
I do complain about a lot of stuff that I don't like in Canada, but that is another thread. I also go to anti-war protests, if my country does something that doesn't mean that I support it and agree with it. I do protest if I do not agree.

P.S. I do not follow the bible.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
wow, a war broke out while I was writing my Haitian experience for Meredith. You go girl. As we get older we get too comfortable. We need young people like you to go out there with no fears.

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Thanks Anna...

but there is no war, there is no violence or guns or killings involved ;)

P.S. Thanks for the story Anna, it was so great!

Last edited: