Business

osc17ny

Nov 26, 2002
IF YOU HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO START A BUSINESS OR BUSINESSES IN DR WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESS DO U THINK WOULD SUCCEED? WHY?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Have you read the archives? There is a lot in them that anyone thinking of starting a business in the DR should read. That opportunity to start a business may not look so desirable.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I suggest you read the archives. Your question is to broad.
That's like asking how long is a piece of string?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I've got LOT's of ideas for businesses here. Send me US $2,000 for my full catalogue!!

Seriously though, don't even THINK of setting up a business until you have lived & worked here for a year or two. You need to find the way things work in this country (totally different to USA, Europe & Eastern Countries) & there are far too many people ready to tell you what you WANT to hear rather than what you OUGHT tp hear. As suggested above, read the archives, come & investigate & then find out who you can trust to do business with.This process should take you at least 6-9 months, then you have another 2 years trying to get the licenses etc needed!!

Good LUCK!!! - Grahame.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
this is real easy .
supply a service, a real service.
the concept is totally foreign to dominicans.
they never heard about it .
not in banks , utility companies.postal.
goverment.
nowhere in existance .

mauricem01

Apr 22, 2002
there are two great bussines in D.R.
set a Water bottling plant to sell water in 5 gallons
cost per 5 gallons $ 25.00 pesos you only paid for labor and
distribuicion and electricity no water
or the motel bussines alot people has to wait in lines to get in.
think about it and let me know i will help you to get start.
by.

FAA

Nov 24, 2002
Attention

i have about 1700 m2 in Cabrera, where the malecon-promenade is going building. I need capital to open a Car Wash and a shop to sale used car parts like tyre, i import the tyre from europe. If somebody interesting contact me at:
aaimportexport@planet-interkom.de