Pan Am Daily service to Santo Domingo

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
Beginning January 13 Pan Am will stop flying all their 727-200Adv aircraft for a three week period. However they will continue to operate all Boston Maine Airways JETSTREAMS. Boston Maine Airways is currently the largest carrier to fly only the Jetstream 31's currently with a fleet of 22 strong. They have also applied to the US Government for permission to fly the 727-200Adv as well. Below you will find the new BMA schedule. Jetstream 31's service to Begin on January 13/03(pending Government Approval) Flight #3744 with a departure out of San Juan at 12:45 with arrival into Santo Domingo at 1:44 DAILY till March1/03 when both Jetstream 31's as well as 727-200Adv will operate. 727-200Adv will operate four days a week and Jetstream 31's three.Mark

Apr 26, 2002
What the _______?

Mark,

Are you saying that Pan Am is going to stop flying 727s, begin daily service from San Juan to SDQ using 19 seat Jetstream props and then try to transfer its 727s to its sister airline Boston-Maine? Why would they do that? Or what are you trying to say about this porqueria airline? It's operations are dizzying and pathetic. It's owner is a dilittante (look it up). Are you suggesting that anyone try to keep track of its weekly changes and figure out how to get anywhere on the sorry airline?

Man! I thought you were off the Pan Am kick!

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
Pan Am or Boston Maine Airways??????

No I not on a Pan Am kick I just frankly find it hard to believe that a carrier would bring it's entire Jet fleet to a halt for five weeks and only fly their props!!!! But questions should be looked at for example when their Jet fleet resumes flying assuming it will how many propeller aircraft will they have in the Caribbean and wher will they be Hubed and what destinations will they fly to Punta Cana, Puersta Plata, Ponce/PR, St Thomas/St John?? Call me curious that's all Sincerely Mark

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
there's a reason why

They are going to do the flying disco concept for 5 weeks with the 727's and the HOOTERS girls, (free wings, but you have to contribute on filling up the gas tank) just to test the market. Then, when they realize that doesn't work, they will buy all the remaining 707's available in the world. I heard africa has a special deal of buy 2 and take one free. Price tag for the 707 is about 50,000 dollars. Africans included in the price. And finally, the guy will put the aircraft as xmas tree in the Las Americas airport to simbolize how stupid is the owner and how fool are the dominicans that trusted them..

Disclaimer: Visa Credit Cards if offering a 0 percent refund on tickets bought on Pan Am.. You were warned.

And please....to avoid further embarrasment, post things that are interesting, non deceptive, non scary (such as flying on PAA). Everybody, Good Night...'Nuff for today!

GRS

Apr 26, 2002
Mark - Okay. So you're not promoting Pan Am anymore. Just informing us of their weekly service suprises. Good enough.

GRS - Hillarious. But truth is stranger than fiction. The owner of Hooters has purchased the remains of Vanguard Airlines. Look for Hooters girls and wings in the skies soon! I know I'd pay more!

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
He tried to...

But was denied in the bankruptcy court. Do you imagine? I think their flights would have 100 percent load factor and be selling more beer than the Presidente in Dr. Hehe...Probably the judge was gay or something...

PS: No meals, just some deep friiieeeed wings...

Dilettante

Nov 25, 2002
Mark,

For the record, Boston-Maine DOES NOT have 22 "flying" j31's. The actual number is around 5-6.

Do you know why Pan Am is halting service for 3-4 weeks? Do you REALLY know why? Sure you can read press releases and quote them saying that it's all 9-11's fault or that it's the seasonality of the industry, but what airline in the world shuts down because of a slow month. It was also reported that Pan Am may also shut down between Easter and Labor Day. Also because of "hisorically slow bookings".
Give me a break.

I've seen some of the "information" you've posted about Pan Am and Boston-Maine and I'll tell you that much of the information you have is either half-truths or flat out wrong. Get the facts right, please.

GRS,
Thanks for the Visa info. I had heard several horror stories about Pan Am cancelling flights and not refunding tickets, but haven't heard the Visa bit.

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
Boston Maine Airways 23 Jetstreams A Fact!!!!

Dilenttante Please get your facts straight BMA does have 23 Jetstream in it's fleet they recently aquired 13 more to add to their 10 that they already had my source is straight from the US Goverment Filings web sight and Pan Am's filing for permission to add 727-200Adv to BMA's fleet of aircraft. Please feel free to LOOK it Up. I never said that they were flying 22 or 23 Jetstreams I said that this now made them the largest operator of the Jetstream 31's in the world. Mark

Dilettante

Nov 25, 2002
Mark,

You say that BMA is the largest operator of j31's in the world with 22 strong. That implies to me that they have an OPERATING fleet of 22 j31's. That's just an example of one of your misleading half-truths. Sure they own 22 junkstreams, but owning them and having them available for scheduled service are two completely different things. The FACT is that Boston-Maine only has a small fraction of the j31's they own avialable for service. With BMA's current flying schedule they will be hard pressed to accomadate more flying with a labor-intensive aircraft such as the j31 with a lack of back up aircraft. I expect delays and cancellations to be the order of the day on a regular basis.

On the subject of BMA 727's I hear that approval is bogged down with DOT questions of management competence to manage an airline using large aircraft and labor issues. Specifically, that Pan Am is putting 727's on BMA's certificate to bust the Pan Am pilot union.

If you want to go sprouting info from Gov't websites, make sure you report the whole story.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Sorry

The Visa thing was a Joke...I haven't heard anything about it..

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Jesus H. Christ" Mark,are you still beating the Pan Am horse?

Have you no shame at all?Or have you no "Life" at all?What do you do to put food on the table? Time Share sales" Sell "annuities" to old ladys? Used car sales?You alone are enough to keep me off Pan Am! CRIS COLON

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
Cris Colon I am not promoting Pan Am I am just reporting new quirks that the airline is up to. As for you!!!! you must have been delt some very tough cards in life, for I could be talking about any airline and you CRIS would find the most negative part about it and tear it apart. All that negative energy is such a waste I feel sorry for you. Mark

Apr 26, 2002
Be More Snide

Mark agrees with us about Pan Am. Hooray!!!

But Mark, when reporting on Pan Am, you MUST ALWAYS include at least one snide or cynical remark about that sorry excuse for an airline, or readers will think that you are trying to inform them about some useful new service.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Mark,Mark,Mark,Mark,Mark Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your "disclaimer" lacks validity!After all your "glowing" remarks and predictions about the future of the now defunct airline(this new charade is not the REAL DEAL PanAM!) I cannot expect more.Non of us on DR1 have any money,so stop "hyping"we can't help!Its not the PanAm Airline name that I have a problem with,its you!Although they do share one thing in common,they are both phonys!CRIS

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Let's rename this Forum

To "Airlines that Actually Fly Here, and Do So More Than Once without making 10,000 changes to routes and schedules" forum.

That will cut back the volume by 89%.

Since we have all this bandwidth about who's buying planes and adding routes in 2005 and yadda yadda yadda.

Let's face it you pay in advance you are probably flying a sharter from Canada, or AA, US or CO from the usual departure pointsin the USA. Vs. risking changes, no flights, no planes etc.