Star Alliance to DR?

goneglobal

Dec 6, 2002
Anyone know if any Star Alliance carriers service the island?

If so, where do the flights originate..

Thanks in advance for any advice/info

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Star Alliance

Lauda Air from Rome and Milan to La Romana and Punta Cana not sure about Puerto Plata

have planned to ad Santo Domingo to its schedule but the most are charters.

MEXICANA from Cancun to Santo Domingo operated by Aerocaribe (is a mexicana regional air carrier)

United Airlines has some codeshares but we dont talk any more about UA banckruptcy is to close

Last edited:

goneglobal

Dec 6, 2002
United we flew...

United codeshares? have any specifics on that......

Know if those flights originate in Europe? And if United miles can be used for 'free' flights?

Free beer all around for the first poster who answers "yes" and tells me how I can use United miles to get from Paris to SDQ which airlines/routings are involved.

Merci for the information but I come up blank for both Lauda and Mexicana on their websites....and the Star Alliance website says 'no service'

I still refuse to believe that.....!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I think you are SOL

United has no flights to DR. You have from America ( and since you did not say where you are this is a crapshoot to figure out what airlines would be of value) - Continental from EWR, US Air from PHL, American from JFK, BOS and MIA.

Mexicana had a flight MIA to SDQ, not any more. Looking at the Star Alliance web page it is darn unhandy insofar as getting to the DR from pretty well anywhere. I guess this Lauda business and that is about all.

Maybe time to join oneworld. American Airlines, e.g.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
hmmm

UA have codeshare with some airlines thats operates to the Dominican Republic i think Mexicana.

and Mexicana have a flight on Friday and Monday from Cancun to Santo Domingo in a DC9.

So whats your departure city to fly this route .... - CUN - SDQ
and return SDQ-CUN-..... (Star Alliance)

so i know thats website is not a good website, ask your inkeeper

MEXICANA dont fly anymore CUN-MIA-SDQ now they have a 2 weekly flight direct from Cancun to Santo Domingo

Last edited:

goneglobal

Dec 6, 2002
jazzman's beer.....!?

jazzman is right and wrong at the same time....US Air, United's soulmate in Chapter 11, doesn't accept United miles for free travel but both give mileage credit for paid flights....I fly US with my Mileage + , I get flight credit and visa versa. Great...we get the miles, just can't use them for much....

At this point, I will use my miles to get to the corner shop if that's all they are good for......

Will check out the Mexicana site again...had no luck the 1st time...about Lauda, they only have a plan now, right? Any local press or ads $$ seen with the official commencement date from Vienna?

With warmongers in the White House, any plan is half a plan these days....damn shame....

Let us pray....and thanks for keeping this board alive!

If I can swing the free tickets, for anybody that posts a winner, you can meet me at the airport and it's my shout....til one of us drops! Take that back...you're all invited.....

goneglobal

Dec 6, 2002
ricktoronto...change is good now!

all four members of our family just got complimentary Platinum status yesterday with AA - they matched our United status...very hungry to eat the wounded while they are still alive.

Trying to work the same with Air France now....non-stop from Paris...

A buddy of mine was trying to make me feel guilty about my role in United's demise....my response was "and I'm the reason all the glaciers are melting too.......

End game might be on the beach somewhere... watching the tides roll in... perhaps in DR with no way back...

goneglobal

Dec 6, 2002
Delta miles will bring us over on AF.....

plenty of 'x' (free seats) still available for the European summer!

:cool: