"Un-******* Believable!!!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This:,including a nice foto of the beautiful chests filled with "Goodies, is front page in "Diario Libre" today!
Lila Alburquerque,alias Marie Antoinette,(I can't spell in English,never mind French!)(As is her custom)gave "Christmas Baskets"(Actually beautiful painted chests,the size of "foot lockers",to the 149 fellow Deputies in the "House of Representatives" yesterday.Now for the "GOOD" part! The "chests" contained "Don Perignon,Carlos I,and Holland Cheeses,etc.Each "Chest" cost 25,000 pesos,thats right,25,000 pesos EACH!!! As there are 149 "deputies" that is:25,000X149=3,750,000!!!!! ="Un-******* Believable"!!!!!!.....This comes only one day after the price of "Pan de Agua"(Small roll that millions of poor dominicans eat with some "Hot Chocalate" every day for breakfast) doubled in price!!!! The arrogance of this government is beyond my conception! How much are the dominican people able to endure?
On another "Bright Note",it looks like the Government will not have many of the sites for the 2003 Pan Am Games ready in time for the games!"Duh!" So the events,maybe swimming,as Venezuela's promise from Hipolito's "Buddy" Chaves of 16 million dollar to finish the pool,is "late"!,may have to be held in other countries.In "defense of Chavez,he has been busy with some "internal problems" lately.I'm sure that the check is in the mail.Not Dominican Mail I Hope! Since they are mostly out of business!No wonder people like the "All-Inclusives" so much,they are isolated,and insolated from the day-to-day troubles of the DR! Cris

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
What's even more unbelievable to me is how people can just sit around and let this piece of shiet goverment get away it. No wonder they do whatever that hell they want, nobody gives a damn if they're stepped over! And those that do say something about it are now being arrested and they're freedoms of speech violated to protect the honor of the very man who could care less about anyone else. Who's protecting the honor of the people? What is it going to take before someone does something....I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

earosemena

Aug 18, 2002
What can be done? These are elected officials. Should the people through themselves to the streets in masive civilian demonstrations? What would be a viable solution?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
O yes Criss

And while the congressmen are drinking Dom Perignon the Christmas bonus salary is in the mail for public employees. Hippo is holding it for later so they dont spend it too fast.

While that is going on Armed Forces pensioners are picketting the pension office. Their December salary is being held up til December 20th. With the Operations Centellas going on with their fellow active members they may run out of time in a traffic jam waiting to buy the family dinner and gifts.

TW

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
A book. A frigging book. That is an always-appropriate Christmas gift. Make that an expensive book if you wish. Why couldn?t she give them a damn book? Oh, I remember. Some of them can barely read, let alone know how to pronounce Dom Perignon. I bet some of them will serve it ?on the rocks?, maybe mix it with Coca Cola. Sweet merciful crap!

I am royally pissed. It is un-freaking-believable, the utter shameless slack-witted arrogance, Holy Mary Mother of Jesus! The nerve! The bloody nerve! Humanity just lost another 10 points in my Scale of Worthiness, now comfortably sitting behind amoebae and junkyard critters. If nature were a sentient being I am sure she would have wiped us off the face of the earth long ago, like the dingleberries of the planet that we are.

Now my Christmas wishes for our Senators and Deputies:
May the seven plagues of Egypt be visited upon you. May you only find the earwax-flavored beans in the Bertie Bott?s All-Flavors Beans of life. May you all become helplessly impotent. And bald. May Santa bring you the only gifts that you all deserve: cement shoes. And then toil in eternal hell fire. :angry:

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It sounds as if the members of this gov't are doing everything they can to provoke a massive civil uprising.
How long before it happens.......?????
How much can , not only the poor, but the average Dominican citizen take?
Remember this gov't has almost two years left in their mandate! Will they face their own "war on terrorism" brought about by the terror they are visiting on the Dominican public???

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Maybe I could hijack an F-15 and go down there and strafe the
Palacio Nacional to get someone's attention. I'm frustrated, you all are frustrated. Aren't the rest of the dominicans getting to the point where they have had enough of this corrupt government? As MommC said, "how long before it happens", a massive uprising, that is. It seems we could get a message out to Hippolito without being "libelous" or harming the good man's "honor". I feel helpless. I wish there was something I could do. The Dr has done so well since the 1960's. I would hate to see it become another Argentina.

JOHN J.

Oct 17, 2002
Please put this in perspective for people like myself who really do not know much about the culture, politics etc. of the Dominican Republic. I have been reading DR1 daily news and the forums for quite some time now and I am very confused.

I hear the desperation and disgust in your comments regarding the current economic situation and the political corruption. Some contributors indicated that they are ready to leave the DR or at least divest themselves of anything more than minimal financial ties to the DR.

I also read in these forums that many people are so upset with life in the U.S., Canada and other countries that they are counting the days until they can move to the DR for a better way of life. I am sure that the fundamental qualities of the people of the Dominican Republic and the life style that these qualities create are the reasons for migration to the DR.

Is it possible that the very positive qualities of the DR, which encourage migration to the DR, are the very same qualities that allow, if not encourage, the existence of political corruption?

What kind of influence, positive or negative, does the migration of affluent foreigners have on the political and cultural environment of the DR?

Is a political uprising (revolution) possible in the DR? If so what problems will this present to the people who have migrated to the DR.

These are some of the thoughts and questions running through my mind. Am I being na?ve or are some of these points worth further discussion?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
You want to hijack this thread and turn it into a civilized discussion on DR political situation? The nerve!

Just kidding. ;)

You should start a new thread in the Debates Forum. We are too busy here flaming the government and too upset to come up with intelligent answers (at least I am).

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
We are used to corruption,incompetence,arrogance,....

....lies,violence,and just plain "Old Fashioned Banana Republic" politics,but what we are not used to is the new lows that have been reached by the current government!!!!!!! I think that even the "Poor" who have a strange,"love-Hate" relationship with all the parties here,(they get "hand-outs" and like that/but suffer the most when prices rise and "services" dwindle)have started to get fed up with the total arrogance and lack of common decency of the President and the PRD Party!Cris Colon

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Unfortunatly at least on the north coast they dont seem to even be aware or care what their stupid burro is doing to them.
J.H
:angry:

JOHN J.

Oct 17, 2002
I admire all of you for keeping your sense of humor.
Keep the comments flowing.
They are not only informative but also entertaining

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I know 2 santiago diputies who (upon elected) bought themselves SUVs and 2002 camries in the first month. These guys walk around with a bodyguards and spend most of their time in santiago. Aren't they suppose to be working in the capital? Anyway, they spend money like water and always seen in bars and expensives clubs.

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
I with you Pib! Right now I wouldn't just strafe the national palace, I would go for the kill. take them all out, I really don't see how there could be one good person in this freaken government.

I used to have a strong desire to move back someday but I can't see past all this disgust.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
PIB, count me in on this one. I know it's not right but I would love to wipe the smile off the Hippo's face. Say, maybe we can come up with ways on how we can exterminate this brainless, lying, currupted, unorganized, insentive, FOOLISH and mental (so called) president along with all the snakes around him that only have venom to offer while pretending to be giving out milk. Damn it!!!!! I can't stand this!! Hey, maybe the Hippo wants to lock me up now for exercizing my freedom of speech........oh, what the hell...what's the point, it's not going to change a damn thing. It's sad but true:(

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Defender: Don't be surprised if Hippo does lock you up...They are very efficient when it comes to that. It's happened to several people already who have been jailed for speaking publicly against the government. Like the guy who said there was not water in his town, and Hippo ordered his arrest for being a "Liar".

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Suarezn

Well, Hippo said just this afternoon that he is not going to tolerate being made a fool by the power companies and that there will be no blackouts.

Well Hippo.....I am sitting right now on an 8 hour blackout. But I got my own power company. Go screw yourself. I got a plant and an inverter ready. Heheheheheheheheh..all the way to your last hair in that empty head of yours....if you read this come on down and lock me up.....I have about $50,000 pesos ready to post a whole page in the Dominican newspapers about your lousy, undemocratic, populist, inefficient, corrupt government if you dare arrest me for speaking the truth. Those who are afraid of you have no fck...guts!!!Cmon...make my day and sent Candelier in his goddam helicopter to pick me up. And by the way I still have not bought my sticker for my license plates and I drive everyday and you and your AMETS cannot stop me, and I wont buy the fuc..ng sticker until January 1, 2003 whe its legally due, and you and Candelier cant make me....But I will drive!!! Just in case look for the fast motherfkkkr TransAm with 350lbs of torque ready to blow the ass out of stupid AMETs. I can take anyone of their cycles and slow jeepetas and stupid 4 cylinder Mitsubishis, I laugh at their radars on the Americas Highway and just fly by them at 120mph...try catching me. Just so that you know too, I kicked the hell out the census canvassers from my home. I told them to stick their forms up their ass. And you know what? People are still waiting for the census bogus results...Ah?

TW

Apr 26, 2002
PRD Cookbook

Pib,

You're the cooking expert. Let's solicit recipes on how to best prepare him for a Christmas feast. I recommend roasting on a spit with an apple in his mouth. Baste him well to avoid over drying. And, in keeping with his stated policies, he should be served over a bed of yucca and platanos.

And, best of all, the poor ignoramaces who supported him in the first place will appreciate real PRD generocity for a change. He's so fat that hundres of poor folks could share a piece of him.

Other recipes welcome.