it's a groaner....

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
a man went to the dentist for his 6 month checkup. the dentist looks in his mouth and says "my god, john, what have you been eating? the plate i put in 6 months ago is completely rusted and worn away! i will have to replace it immediately."

john: "are you serious doc?......well, the only thing i can think of is that about 4 months ago my wife served asparagus for dinner. she put a creamy yellow dressing on it. then the next day she made eggs benedict for me and they had the same creamy yellow dressing on them. i think she called it hollandaise sauce. they were fantastic, i love the stuff. in fact since then i won't eat anything now without hollandaise sauce on it. from my morning cereal to my midnight snack it has to have hollandaise sauce on it."

the dentist : " well that explains it, hollandaise sauce has lemon juice and salt in it . when the 2 ingredients combined they started the corrosive action on your plate. not to worry, i can give you a chrome plate and all will be fine."

john: " a chrome plate? are you sure it is the right thing to do doc?"

the dentist: "positive john, it's always best to be chrome for the holidays."

:classic: mob

(who has always called it holiday sauce since reading the "joy of cooking" recipe)