great holiday at Puerto Plata

millybc

Nov 15, 2002
Arrived home, safe and sound and wishing we were still there. It has to have been the best holiday we have had in a long while. Our hotel was great, the people were wonderful, our tours were well organized. The beaches were breathless and romantic to walk on after dusk with never a worry of something bad should happen. What astonished me the most was how carefree and happy the people of the Domincan are, and I mean everywhere, I don't think they know the word deppressed down there as we know it up here. Met some lively English folks, and a very nice Canadian couple that made our trip even more enjoyable. Only thing that took me aback was the way people drive, but after the first week I sort of new when to jump....Anyways just wanted to say thanks for the info on the Dr1 as truely enjoyed reading it and your forums were very helpfull. Was ever so impressed with the D.R. and looking forward with great anticipation to our next visit.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
After seeing many times over the joy and spirit of the Dominican people, who have so few material possessions by North American standards and yet seem to truly enjoy life. I have to wonder if all the "hoops" that we, or more correctly me, jump through each and every day to accumulate more "stuff" are really worth it. Although it does give me the opportunity to make more trips to the D.R. :)
John

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
millybc, it would be very helpful if you were post a more detailed report, mentioning especially the hotel you thought was so great and the tours you felt were very worthwhile. As you know from reading the board, there are a lot of people planning their first trip to the DR, many of them to the Puerto Plata area, and this is the sort of information they are hungry for.