work in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

lissyde

Dec 3, 2002
Hi guys!
I was wondering if someone could give me the names of any newspapers or any form of resource available online that would help me find employment opportunities in Puerto Plata/Sosua area. I've been looking in the classified section here but there doesn't seem to be many postings. Thanks

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Even though I know alot of people will say this has been covered before because it has. Word of advice if you want to go down there and work you have to first go down there. Unless you find a job through a tour company in your homeland it is nearly impossible to get one from afar.

Since most jobs in the D.R. are foudn through word of mouth and contacts the only way you will hear about it is through the people you meet and the impression you leave on them.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Jobs in Puerto Plata & Sosua are very hard to find at the moment. Tourism is down from 2 years ago, the cost of borrowing has gone through the roof & confidence in this present Government are all contributary factors to thid depression. What line of work are you looking for? What do you know of the North Coast (have you been here often? do you have contacts here? Do you know what the salary range is likely to be?) & where are you intending living?

There is no such thing as an 'Employment Bureau' here as far as I know, so you are going to have to rely on personal contacts & getting out to meet people - that's the culture anyway!! Drop me an e-mail with more detaails on yourself, tell me when you intend coming plus any other information you think is relevent, & I will see if I can come up with any suggestiions!! - Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.