can't wait to go back

allettas

Dec 28, 2002
Well here I am I joined dr1. Heres my story.......
I went with a friend to DR in feb02 met a local kept in touch and went back to visit him by myself in nov/dec. Had a great time with him, I met his family, he showed me around ( as far as a scooter will go) Im going back in the end of March for a few weeks I thinK! I love it there! the people (his family) the sun, the beaches ect....

Im a little worried though.....can someone please post some positive stories about "falling for/in love with a Dominican!

Does anyone know the rules/regulations for getting a local to Canada, I just want him to come to visit Canada and meet my family ect....

I would love to hook up with some of you that are now living there or that are going to be visiting Sosua last week of March.

All the best

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Ken,you are to kind!

He is obviously a "Professional"! Don't forget that he has a "scooter"! that should help!Maybe he has a job,she didn't mention that."Allettas",does your friend have a steady job,that is very important for him to get a visa!Good Luck! CRIS

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Yes, he is a full time sankie in the playa dorada discos. I mean, how do you think he met her?
Pasola must have to be mentioned in time for applying for the visa. I mean, its not like the guy is a total loser, after all he rides his own caballo (mechanico) rather than take public buses.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
alletta, you may get more help with your questions if you tell us where your Dominican friend works and how you happened to meet him. It would also be helpful to know whether he has asked you for money, whether he pays for the phone calls to Canada, and whether he in any way suggested that he might like to meet your family in Canada.

If the guy is an employee of the resort you stayed at, or of a disco, or of some other business that attracts a number of foreign females, I'm afraid you don't have much hope of getting the help you are after.

If you haven't already done so, go through the threads in the Men from mars and women from venus section. You will find there are many from young women on the subject of men they met in the DR.

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I see you've met the DR1 Official Welcoming Committee. You guys are all heart! As Ken suggested, check archives, this subject has already been played to death.
I suggest you move there if you want to know what this man is really like...a bunch of strangers aren't going to be able to give you the answers you are looking for.

jbhermes

Sep 10, 2002
what?

Move there? No...sweetie...please don't do that! Bad advice. Here's what you do: think about your vacation and what a great time you had and leave it at that. :cool:

equine

Dec 11, 2002
Unhappily

Be a smart woman and let him chase you. If he wants you, he will spend the time, effort and money to get to see you. Otherwise, it is a wonderful experience to be in lust, enjoy.

kaz

Jan 4, 2003
Allettas

I have twice visited DR and on my second trip met a "local". Had a ball with him and have been in touch via email, and phone regularly since I've been back in the UK. In three weeks I'm going back over to stay with him (he has his own place).

On my last trip, I met an American lady in the hotel I stayed at who had been on holiday there, met a local, fallen in love and six months later left US to go to DR, is now married to him and has lived there for 2 years.

My philisophy is wait and see what happens, and never say never!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Kaz",does your "friend" have any visible means of support?

Do you pay for everything when you go out? Did he ask you to bring him some "NIKE" sneakers? Do you pay for the long distance calls? Keep us informed about your "Relationship",haven't heard about a good one yet! Are you overweight,and "Plain"? Sorry but lets be realistic.I met a guy in a bar who said that he had a cow that gives chocolate milk,and can fly! I never saw that cow fly,or tasted any chocolate milk!CRIS

Last edited:

kaz

Jan 4, 2003
you appear to be very cynical! I did not pay for everything when we went out, far from it. Have never been asked to bring him anything. And he has a job, so yes can support himself - in my country, women do not expect to be supported by a man!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If his "So-Called Job" is working in the Hotel,....

..forget about that! I am not "cynical",I am convinced! You are young and naive,I am old and experienced.Tell us "EXACTLY" what job your friend has, and where did you meet him?...Women in all countries expect to be supported by a man! I just want you to have some great sex with this guy,and leave it at that.Don't they have men in England?(I know that about 2/3 are Gay,but that still leaves a few!) CRIS

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
2/3 are gay? Looks like I made it into a minority group at last :)

kaz - Not cynical, just a realist.
I have seen, read and witnessed many similar scenarios over the past 6 years.
One thing is for sure, the numbers are very much in the realists favor.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Vacation is one thing. Living with the guy everyday is tatally another. Just come on vacation. Enjoy his company and if you still like him after 5 or 6 visits try coming for a few months and see what happens. Vavation is all romantic and whirl wind. Real life is completly different!

BlackJack

Dec 5, 2002
Haaaaa criss
yes there are men in the UK and i dont quite know how you came to the conclusion that two thirds of them are gay unless you have tried them and have prior knowledge of this ????
or are you just guessing at this number or did you mean that two thirds of dominican men are gay and bi ?????
Blackjack................

BlackJack

Dec 5, 2002
Well the problem we have Ken is that there are far to many forigners calling themselvs english every body wants to live here because the social security is so easy to fraud ,so to answer that question is if it is 2/3rds then its the foriegners pushing the figure up ???? haaaaa only joking, no Ken its only about 10 % here in the UK dont know about the good old USA , ??????
Blackjack