Minimum Flying Altitude

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Does anyone know what is the legal minimum flying altitude over land and over water close to shore in the D.R.? Regards, PJT

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Would that be in an airplane?

Remembering that this is the DR,it would depend on who was flying the plane.I would say stay high enough that you don't crash into anything! CRIS

O

Old_BUFF_Driver

PJT said:
Does anyone know what is the legal minimum flying altitude over land and over water close to shore in the D.R.? Regards, PJT

AOPA lists 1000' over populated areas, 500' when no persons or buildings present, 500' over water with no boats swimmers or built up areas

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Cris, I think your instruction is for the motoconcho drivers.

Old_Buff_Driver, thanks for the Aircraft Owners and Pilot Association information you provided. Is the restriction for the D.R. or is it a general restriction? Regards, PJT

FL-Hillbilly

Dec 27, 2002
Old Buff Driver??? Are there any such things?? My first cousin from the hills was a crew chief for the BUFFs, in Minot, Plattsberg, Massechusets, and over 'there'...Whereever there was....
I don't remember his name for them but it was close to BUFFS.

Hope you stay around..

HNY!!

HB

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
It is a general restriction. And no acrobatic flight under 1,500 feet over populated area. Just in Case.

Of course, in the DR everything is possible.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
GRS said:
Of course, in the DR everything is possible.

I can agree with that. My prompt for starting this thread was based upon my observation of cowboy type flying and curious as what regulations are in place, but not enforced. I was thinking there is at least one pilot that controls his aircraft with the in your face attitude, meaning God is my co-pilot and I can do anything reckless. It is the same way some drivers manage their vehicles on the roads.

I still believe there are "No Old Bold Pilots". Regards, PJT

O

Old_BUFF_Driver

FL-Hillbilly said:
Old Buff Driver??? Are there any such things?? My first cousin from the hills was a crew chief for the BUFFs, in Minot, Plattsberg, Massechusets, and over 'there'...Whereever there was....
I don't remember his name for them but it was close to BUFFS.

Hope you stay around..

HNY!!

HB

Any such things? Damm, there are 52 drivers that were 35 in 65' so you do the math! I hate to admit it as mandatory retirement draws near, but I am old enough to have flown to "Fail safe" points in the 60's, and had a wonderful tour of Cambodia and Vietnam from 50 thousand in 1972, ending in the participation in the Pack VI package of Operation "Linebacker II" Dec 72

As for your cousin, he could have been at any of several bases in Thailand, we kept most of the Big Ugly Fat Fuc... there!

When "papers" were de classified in the 90's, I found one of our "favorite" Fail Safe points to have been Murmansk, drop your load and head for the Artic Circle, "Supposedly" a KC-135 "Texaco" would be on station, right in the middle of a war,
man it would have been cold ejecting up there.

These days I haul cattle in an EJ 80 or 50