Trip to Barcelo East Coast

trickydick

Dec 31, 2002
This will be my first trip. Leaving Canada to go to DR. The hotel is the Barcelo Barvaro Beach and Garden on the east coast. I was just wondering what the economy is like. When I went to Cuba we took things like soap, toothbrushes and candy for the kids down there. Their economy was not that great so they really appreciated things like that. I was wondering if DR was like that too. Also if anyone has being in that area is there any trips that are a must e.g. to a small town
Thanks for any info or tips
Rick

OttawaTom

Dec 15, 2002
Barcelo Bavaro Area

Hi Rick.

My wife and I stayed at that resort in 2001 and we're going back later this month. All the ideas you had for small gifts were good ones. If you haven't already done so, check out www.debbiesdominicantravel.com. It's the ultimate web site for DR travel, and you'll find lots of great information, including day trips. We took the Monster Truck Tour, and really enjoyed it. Bavaro Runners actually has info about bringing gifts to the kids on the tours.

Tom

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
You might also check out my thread entitled "It's about time I did this" . You can pull it up from the archives (if I was smarter about how to use a message board I'd post a link but I haven't figured out how to do that!). There's a ton of useful and cheap suggestions in the thread......