Cheap Three Week Round Trips Minneapolis To Puerto Plata

Gregory Wales

Mar 7, 2002
www.mhhp.org
Does anybody know of cheap roundtrip flights from Minneapolis to Puerto Plata that can allow for a three week stay? Even flights from other US cities would be helpful. In the past we've taken one week charters from Minneapolis and payed a penalty for extending our stay but those costs have doubled in the last few years.
Thanks and Happy New Year!

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Why don't you use your NWA flyer miles if you have them? You can stay up to 30 days on an NWA ticket.

I have never received a reasonable answer from MLT as to why they only offer a 7 day ticket from MSP to POP. They offer longer stays if you are going to Mexico.

Gregory Wales

Mar 7, 2002
www.mhhp.org
How About bestfares.com?

Has anybody had any experience with Tom Parson's bestfares.com? They advertise up to 30 day stay round trips to Santo Domingo from Minneapolis and dozens of other cities for US$358.00. It says you have to subscribe to his publication and become a member, ($59.00), to order the tickets.

Any first hand information would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a link to his site:
http://www.bestfares.com/travel/desks/story.asp?id=66167

Thanks,
Gregory Wales

Gregory Wales

Mar 7, 2002
www.mhhp.org
Answering Snowbird

MLT didn't give me any reason either. They have been friendly on both the Minnesota end and the POP end though. Especially when I forfiet return tickets and cough up penalty fees.

(Wouldn't everyone have been a lot better off post 9-11 if the US gov. would have offered tax credits to passengers who buy airline tickets rather than hand the airlines the cash directly? There'd be more people flying than ever and the tourist destinations would be enjoying booming economies)

And, I have no frequent flier miles accumulated.

Gregory Wales

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Check the Sunday STRIB classified ticket section each week and see if some one has NWA miles for sale You might be able to find some deals there.