marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

cali

Jan 1, 2003
i am going to santo domingo in january 15 and want to get married with a domincan girl, so i can stay forever in D R, my question is, Is there marriage agency? How is Dominicanas with marriage, please e-maill me at lenny12312002@yahoo.com

cali

Jan 1, 2003
well

i graduated from the u.s and could not get my resisdence there due to being an arabian decent, GOD DAM BIN LANDEN. i stayed 6 years in the u.s on student visa and when time came to get my work permit, GOD DAM BIN LADEN, ruined my dream on 11 sept and future of becomin an american, now, i can not live in arabian country, i do not follow their culture nor religen, i feel so wierd and un welcomed , so i just want to start over in a nice, peaceful country like dominican rep.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
cali, I suggest that you contact AZB by email or PM. Find one of his posts and click on the email or PM button underneath. He is a Muslim who now lives in Santiago. I don't recall their board names, but several others who identified themselves as muslims have posted recently. I believe they live in Santo Domingo.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"now, i can not live in arabian country, i do not follow their culture nor religen, i feel so wierd and un welcomed" Cali

I understand your point, thats why I am living in DR. I am surprised 6 years (in USA) have changed you so much that you don't even want to be identified as an Arab. Anyway, here is what you need to know and think (first) before packing up and moving down here:
What sort of work would you be doing here? Will you be working here or will you bring your family oil money to retire forever? In that case, AZB will be your best buddy for life.
Let me tell you, money is really hard to make here and work ethics are not the same as in USA.
Tell us, have you visited this country before? if yes, then tell us have you lived in a normal dominican house (rather than a resort)? Where did you meet your girlfriend? If in dom. rep. then tell us where, ex: bar, disco, resort etc? Its all very important to know because it seems like your decision to move to dom. rep. is partly (if not entirely) based on the marriage interest with a local.
Do you speak some spanish to get by? Do you know dominican culture? speaking of culture, it all seems fun and excitment at first but then you would wonder, is this the environment I would want to bring my daughter up? I mean, I know you are from a middle-eastern origin so I do understand your culture well.
Hey, I have been coming to this country for many years and I have been living here for the past 5 years. I have seen life on both sides of the world. My advice is to think first (from the real head) before you burn your bridges to come here and lose everything you are left with. This is not an easy country to make a living, especially when you are a foreigner and speak no spanish.
Have a happy new year.
Salam.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
AZB
If Cali is bringing the family oil $$$$$$$$ down im your bro and his too.
Johnny:bandit:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
and you guys are falling for this?

i liv in usa for 6 year! God Dam Bin Ladin.Now i look for place of peace.i want live in poor country where woman wash my feet at night.Do girls in DR wash every day? Arab women stink,i not go there now!Please to be my friend and give me help?..........."Yeah Right!".......Cris

cali

Jan 1, 2003
hey you all, first of all, I HAVE NO OIL MONEY, I AM JUST A KID, 23 YEARS OLD, JUST FINISHED COLLEGE. I DO NOT HAVE EVEN A WORK EXPERIENCE IN MY FIELD, I FINISHED COLLEGE BY HELP OF INTERNATIONAL GRANTS FROM FINANCALI AIDS, IF I HAD OIL MONEY, I WOULD GO TO EUROPE YOU ALL, COME ONE... HOLAND IS THE PLACE TO BE FOR SEX NOT D.R,
I AM FOR ANY KINDDA JOB, FROM TAECHIN TO WAITIN TABLES

cali

Jan 1, 2003
gosh

i had to say holand and sex to get some people's attenion to what i say. it is sometimes a good idea to get info from others by refering to their favorite things first to get their attention. maybe i post my add inthe wrong place. good luck you all

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Cali there are people have given great suggestion to you here but you still haven't answered some basic questions such as if you have visited the DR? And other questions posted to you? Like do you speak Spanish? English won't help you any in the DR. Plus marrying a Dominican just to get residencey isn't the quickest way of doing it! Have you checked out volunteer agencies in the DR and Non governmental agencies?

PLEASE DON'T SHOUT IT'S RUDE!

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Cali,
Your chances are much better elsewhere. Living without money in the bank in the DR is very very hard. Salaries are so low compared to the cost of living that you can barely live off them.

best of luck...
Stephen

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
CALI, If you have no work experience and never have been to dom. rep. and freshly out of college, its better to stay there illegally than to come to this hellhole which is waiting for you. I think you are still very young to be getting married and making big decisions like these. DR could be a paradise if you have the money, but you will rot if you are without it. This girlfriend of yours, tell us about her. where did you meet her? How old is she? what type of education does she have? Does she have any kids from other men?
Come on and stop wasting everyone's time and give us the real details so we can give you straight answers.
Good luck.

cali

Jan 1, 2003
sorry

i did not know that i shouted, to answer questions, i speak intermediate portuguese, which close to spanish, sorry if any of you thought i was rude.

cali

Jan 1, 2003
sorry for misunderstandin

i do not have a girlfriend, i am saying, what is marriage like in domincan rep? is there a marriage a gency? or is it open, in other words, i pay a girl to get me my residency? belive me, i would rather live in a hellhole country and be free than a rich country and be a slave/contorlled. if any of you think it is a waste of time to read my post, you really do not have to read it, thank you and my favorite quote is NO ONE DIES FROM HUNGER

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
cali, if I understood your first post correctly, you don't yet have a bride in mind but are coming to find one. Is that correct, the reason for asking if there was a marriage agency?

Assuming you don't yet have the bride-to-be, your chances of finding one in the DR are quite slim. You have two big things against you: you aren't rich, and you don't have a US or Canadian passport.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
yes portugese is like Spanish, but you must also we aware the the Spanish spoken in the DR is different that many other mainland Spanish countries, there is a lot more slang used and throughout the diferent sections of the country rural vs urban populations each have their own variations of the language. So language barrier on top of cultural barrier added to never having visited the country does not many a good match for you finding a mate. Like others suggested perhaps you should visit first, or go somewhere else like Europe, Brazil, Portugal???? I'm sure there are agencies in those countries. I have not heard of any such agencies in the DR, for the simple matter that very FEW people would want to be married to a Dominican for the sole reason of residency (IMHO).

You sound very desperate in your posting, why do you think that the DR is the place ? Who's slave are you? Why are you feeling repressed in the U.S.? Have you thought about seeking professional help to understand these feelings?

cali

Jan 1, 2003
hum

i was in the u.s, now i am in asia where life is not like dominican re. i do not need professional help, nor desperate.

thank you all for your nice/honest comments. wish me luck bye

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Forget it guys, you are all wasting your time on this lost case. I think you you need to go back to your own country of origin and be with your own family. You sound depressed, lonely and desperate. I hope you find your true self.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.