Barcelo Capela, Juan Dolio

Roland

Jan 4, 2003
We are going to the Barcelo Capella in Juan Dolio on January 10 for 8 days. Does anyone have any information on this hotel or fun places to go in Juan Dolio and Santo Domingo? We have been to Saona Island and are thinking about Catolina Island this time. Anyone been there? How is it? Thanks for any help you can provide.

nikki

Jan 2, 2003
Hi,
I just came back from Juan Dolio 3 weeks ago, It was great!!! I didnt stay at Barcelo Capella, but hear it is very nice. Hope you have a great time. My advice to you would be, dont just stick to your hotel for the night life, if you meet nice locals, ask them to take you to nearby bar, with live bands etc, obviously be careful, but the company and atmosphere is great, much diffrent from the compounds of your resort!!!! Anyway, most of all, have fun!!!!!!

P

pedroA

Barcelo Capela

I stayed at this hotel last September and enjoyed every minute of it. You may want to read my trip report (on this board).
The beach is just OK, but everything else very good.
I also suggest you visit the different bars and restaurants
in Juan Dolio. Sit with the locals, they are really very nice and
friendly people.
If you like dansing, you can go to Los Conocos (about 10 min.
drive from the hotel), there's a bar called Buena Vista (not far
from the highway) - you'll have a lot of fun if you go after dinner
(not too late), have a Presidente or a cubalibre and danse all night the merengue and bachata. The owner's name is
Bobolo - don't forget to tell him 'hello' from Celina and Pedro.
He is a very nice guy. Have a fantastic trip and report back
when you return. Hasta la vista!!!!

Roland

Jan 4, 2003
I stayed at this hotel last September and enjoyed every minute of it. You may want to read my trip report (on this board).
The beach is just OK, but everything else very good.
I also suggest you visit the different bars and restaurants
in Juan Dolio. Sit with the locals, they are really very nice and
friendly people.

Pedro,
Thanks so much for replying. We love to sit and talk with the locals. That's why we go to different cultures. S? hablar cierto espa?ol de modo que las ayudas tambi?n.

If you like dansing, you can go to Los Conocos (about 10 min.
drive from the hotel), there's a bar called Buena Vista (not far
from the highway) - you'll have a lot of fun if you go after dinner
(not too late), have a Presidente or a cubalibre and danse all night the merengue and bachata. The owner's name is
Bobolo - don't forget to tell him 'hello' from Celina and Pedro. He is a very nice guy.

That sounds like tons of fun, just what we are looking for. I will be sure to say hello for you too.

Have a fantastic trip and report back
when you return. Hasta la vista!!!!

I sure will. Also, feel free to e-mail me at Island Hopper 11@aol.com
Thanks for your help and looking forward to hearing from you.
Rolando

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
There is (or at least used to be) a good place for dancing called El Batey. Don't miss it if it's still there!