Missing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Apparently yesterday's thread about the possibility of war got deleted.

Before contributing to it, I had intentionally waited a couple of hours to ensure that it would survive.

I have seen no explanation nor further reference to it. Is that the way it works?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Basically it had zero DR content. This site is about the DR, not the USA's political and global goals.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Robert, I started the tread and let me say at the outset that I respect your decision to loose it. This is your decision to make.

However, this is an issue that will affect all of us - It is a global issue and somehow, in large way, or in a small way, we will be affected - even though we are in the DR. I had hoped we could talk about the issue from that perspective. I'm just a little miffed that you yanked the thread before I could see the replies :)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Chris,

The posts that I saw generally indicated the belief that a war with Iraq was possible but very unlikely with North Korea.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
A well respected pollster, Zogby, polled thousands of Arabs in the Middle East. He asked them to give favorable/unfavorable ratings to each of 16 countries. Not surprisingly, Israel, the USA and UK were at the bottom of the list.

The country that the Arabs listed most favorably was, of course, France. Next most favorable was Canada....hmmmm

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
This Dominican (me) will be affected by Bush's war. And if I had any money--and if I was a greedy Repug--I would buy ExxonMobil stocks.

Chris,

North Korea has Bush's number, so no possibility there.
On the Iraqi front, well, there is only one good explanation as to why Shrub wants to wage war with them: "because he can", as my good Repug friend from the bluegrass state of Kensucky likes to say.

Jose?to
A proud member of the new axis of love, the ACLU, and the Grassy Knoll society.

Status
Not open for further replies.