weather this week in Sosua?

jenpiel

Nov 24, 2002
Where is the most reliable source/website to visit for weather updates in DR? I'll be there at the end of this week and currently looks like rain. Not what I'd like to have on vacation, but we'll make the most of it...

Anybody who lives near Sosua, I'd really appreciate hearing if rain is predicted, and approximate temperatures. Thanks! Thursday through Sunday.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Presently weather in Sosua very good, thanks to a high pressure area over the Atlantic. But the weathermen are anticipating that a cold front from the north will begin influencing the weather later this week. The cold front that affected the area between Christmas and New Years brought a lot of rain. But this is not always the case; sometimes it is mainly clouds.

The more winter storms there are in the US, the more such cold fronts affect this area in the winter. They don't bring snow and cold, just clouds and increased possibility of showers/rain.

There may be some rain during your vacation, but don't worry about being cold. The locals feel a small difference, but visitors seldom do.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
weather

I am in sosua right now and the weather is perfect.Has been sunny and 80 during the day and a tad cool the last few nights.
Ken...I am going to give you a buzz one day this week.Do me a favor and PM or e-mail me you # again.I left it in NY.

Larry