There goes the "spring break" in DR

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
No more flights from POP to San Francisco without
overnight stay in Miami or NY. Thanks AA.
Going Alaska Air to Matzatlan in Mexico instead.
See you in November. :-(((((
X.

A

americano

XMAN. Ever thought of flying a different airline and connecting to AA?
BTW- I lived on Steiner and Hayes for 6 years. SIMPLY HATED SF

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
x-man!! Ha ha I meant that that's one of their main industries in Mazatlan-shrimping-and if you like seafood, you will love the food there. You know-Jumbo Shrimp.......like ordering a tall Mexican or tall Columbian(coffee of course)!!!

After reading this I realize I need some of that java. Damn I wish I hadn't run out of Dominican coffee.......

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Too Bad

Sorry to hear that "X". I was looking forward to having another Presidente with you. See you next Thanksgiving.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Too bad x, ended up in Playa del Carmen last New Years cause the fare to POP went to 1500 US and I got to Cancun for free on Delta Skymiles. Should have spent the money to go to POP in hindsight because Mexico sucks big time and I had friends there.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Come on guys

everything sucks? San Francisco, Mexico. Could you be a bit more specific
Americano, Jazz.com?
I know DR is paradise but there ARE other places too.
Like in Mexico they do speak spanish, the beaches and the sun are similar,same.
The chikas are a little less promiscuous and therefore harder to find.
But the music in M is sooo much better and they have manny brands of beer.
X

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: Come on guys

x_man said:
everything sucks? San Francisco, Mexico. Could you be a bit more specific
Americano, Jazz.com?
I know DR is paradise but there ARE other places too.
Like in Mexico they do speak spanish, the beaches and the sun are similar,same.
The chikas are a little less promiscuous and therefore harder to find.
But the music in M is sooo much better and they have manny brands of beer.
X

I had friends that had a restaurant in Playa so I had it pretty easy getting introduced to Expats there. You will find it hard having polite conversation with a Mexican woman there. They won't even pay attention to you unless you go to a whore house with a pocket full of money. Just not nearly as fun as the North Coast in my opinion. But, you know what an opinion is like, dont you?

Regards

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Going to Mexico is NOT going on vacation...for that, you might as well keep your money and just hang out at any beach in Florida...same music, same drinks, same women! (and men!)

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
X
You will see everything clearer after .Mexico does suck big time however I did like the pacific coast more than CancunPlaya del Carmen,ladies are better looking too they just dont like jankee gringos.Hwd North I like the way you play with words.
Johnny:bandit:

O

Old_BUFF_Driver

Musicqueen said:
Going to Mexico is NOT going on vacation...for that, you might as well keep your money and just hang out at any beach in Florida...same music, same drinks, same women! (and men!)

You must refer to what most "Americans" construe mexico to be: Cancun, or TJ?

try Can Cristobal de las Casa, Veracruz, Acapulco, Tuxtella Guiterrez or any of the highland towns, absolutely gorgeous Colonial Spanish Cities, town squares etc.

If you do need tourist beaches, try Playa Del Carmen, Progresso, Merida or Cozumel,.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Musicqueen said:
Ease up MQ!!!
Not everybody likes insipid Bachata/Merengue, Cheap Rum and Dark Meat!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I wasn't suggesting they go to DR...if that's what you're insinuating...

There are tons of places better than Mexico to REALLY vacation...

I go to DR because I LOVE IT THERE...except for the rum...

But I would never suggest to anybody to go...I like it better UNSPOILED!!!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
UNSPOILED?!?!?!? Now that is funny!
The DR was spoiled over 15 years ago when they started going after the Cheap Canadian and Euro-trash Tourists!

The DR is still a great place to get an easy lay but it lost it unique unspoiled charm a long time ago!

Trust me I have been going there since the late 70's. If you don't believe me just ask CC!

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
hola guys

I am thinking where one could find an unspoiled place but I'm afraid they
only exist in our minds because as soon as civilized people set foot on it they are...... spoiled.
And for the DR that started long before Tony C, with C. Colon (the one from spain)
X.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
The best thing that happened to this hemisphere was when the Spaniards showed up.
Before all you had was a Malaria infested, undeveloped land that was populated by a backward people who practiced, among other things, human sacrifice and canibalism!
John Wayne was right!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Tony C

Except that John Wayne did not take into account our newest settlers...the Haitians, who are worst than the malaria plague.

TW

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
A US Airforce Major once said about a particularly annoying country: "Nuke em' into glass then start over from scratch!"! I think this should be applied to Haiti. Is there any realistic solution out there?
Money didn't work. Getting rid of Baby Doc didn't work. Neither did removeing the a series of Haitian leaders. US Troops didn't work. Disarming the Military didn't work. In desperation they even tried a Catholic priest. We all know how well that is going!

The Haitian problem i going to cost the DR dearly. If you think that DR is not the unspoiled haven it once was wait a few years and see what it is like if all that GOLO says comes to fruition. And I have no reason to believe it won't