Jack Tar Village Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

duketter

Nov 19, 2002
Ok, we will be staying at the Jack Tar Village in Puerto Plata coming up. Please, can anyone give any advice on what to do/bring/how the Jack Tar is/anything else?????? This is our first trip, it is our honeymoon and we want it to be great! Any info. would be greatly appreciated!!!

By what I have been reading it should be a wonderful time! I can't wait!

Thanks!

NewtoDR

Nov 23, 2002
I just returned from Sosua for 4 days and Playa Dorado for 4 days. Jack Tar village is one of the nicest in Playa Dorado. I traveled alone so... my stay at Jack Tar got a bit boring at times since 95% of the people there are either couples or traveling with friends. (Mostly couples). By and large I would recommend this complex - great grounds, the entertainment is good, next door to a golf course that is well worth playing. Good clean rooms and alot of privacy. The only thing is the food is mediocre - but I woukld add I last stayed at Occidental Flamenco in Playa Dorado Village and the food at Jack tar is better.

The ppol is great, tennis and a small but suitable Gym for a workout.

A Brit highly recommended the Safari Day trip but - I played Golf everyday instead.

also... about 200 hundred yards up the road is Hemingways - A dicso/nightclub which gets busy around 1:30 after the bars at the Complexes close.

P.S. - I ate in restaurants all over Sosua and found it hard to get good food anywhere.

Enjoy Your Trip !!!

debs

Jun 10, 2002
I stayed at Jack Tar Village in late August 2002 and it was amazing! I've stayed at 3 other properties in the Puerto Plata area and this was by far the best. The food is really good for an AI - there's plenty to choose from and even the pickiest eater will not go hungry. The drinks were mixed perfectly everytime. The staff are among the friendliest and most accommodating I've ever come into contact with, from the front desk to the restaurant staff, everyone is top notch. The animination team is probably the most talented group in the area...that was the first time I actually took the time to see the shows every evening. Very entertaining and very professional.

The grounds are beautifully maintained with lots of flowers and other vegetation. There are 2 pools, one for activities and one for quiet time with a swim up bar. The beach is private and very quiet...it's really close to the market on the beach so the vendors aren't allowed to canvas the beach with their goods.

The best part of JTV is that it's adults only so there aren't any bratty kids cannonballing in the pool next to you or running around making excessive noise.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me!

Serena

Jun 30, 2002
I agree with the others. Its a great hotel. Much nicer and quieter than the others you'll find in the Playa Dorada complex. The food is great. Try some of the day trips offered at the tour desk. I loved the Jungle Safari tour! Also, I took trips to Samana/Cayo Levantado, Santo Domingo, Jarabaco/Santiago. The resort is nice, but it really will make your trip more memorable to see more of the island :)

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
debs..... how is the entertainment at jack tar? by entertainment i mean the night shows... i loved the ones in occidental when i was there. I also here crazy moon is back in the scene..... i'm going to PP again for spring break and i'm undecided between jack tar and occidental. just hope i won't bump into you know who.... do you want me to kick him in the groins when i see him? lol

duketter

Nov 19, 2002
How much are the day trips in general? Like $50 US dollars? more/less?? I hear the safari trip is awesome so we would like to try that....any others anyone recommends?

Thanks!!!!!!!

debs

Jun 10, 2002
The entertainment at Jack Tar is really good. The shows are very professionally put together and the animation team is incredibly talented. I went to every show, every night and enjoyed each one. Even the activities are a lot of fun if you're willing to participate. I think I was on stage just about every night I was there. LOL.

Lee-lee...when you see "you-know-who" do what you like. No need to kick him anywhere for me, I said my piece to him last time I was there and hope to never come in contact with him again!

Duketter...the trips vary in pricing. I think depending on what you want to do the tours can range from $35 to $100 US per tour.

duketter

Nov 19, 2002
wow, sounds like a great guy. lol

Well thanks for all your input, I can't wait for our trip! It is going to be great!

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Lee Lee
Dont kick the poor sanky in the groin thats where his working tool is.You were stupid enough to fall for his line get over it,there are realy good sankies in the activity dept. at J.T.V. also so no need to keep doing the same one over again:cool:
J.H.
If you want a realy hot time contact your buddy Crisco he got his name by using that stuff in creative ways;)

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Never use "CRISCO" as a "sexual Libricant"!!!!

because "CRISCO" is "short"nin"!!!! I learned that the "HARD" way!Lee-Lee likes to pay for her dark meat!,I'm FREE, and worth every penny !!!!!!!!!Cris Colon

NewtoDR

Nov 23, 2002
I am not sure what this thread has mophred into but I will add my two cents. JTV is great, the food sucks... but if you get the time to go to Susua some of the the people there are te same.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
how is the alcohol selection at JTR? the occidental was pretty crappy with the alcohol, the rum sucked and it got me sick twice.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go to a local supermarket and buy your own: Barcelo Imperial, Brugal A?ejo are probably the most recommendable. Tastings.com ranked the Barcel? #1 in the world....
RD140 pesos...
Have fun, and please be safe...

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.