Samana & Sosua Hotels??

Serena

Jun 30, 2002
What are the best, newest & nicest hotels/resorts to stay in Sosua? Also, I'm going whale watching in Samana and want to stay in Samana city. Any hotel suggestions from someone who has been there? Thank you in advance :)

Serena

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
In Sosua, for the newest and best accomodations (in terms of stars) consider the StarzResorts hotels: Victorian House and Sosua Bay Hotel http://www.starzresorts.com/ The two hotels are on the same property overlooking the bay, the Victorian House is more deluxe than the Sosua Bay Hotel.

Serena

Jun 30, 2002
Thanks Ken. My friend was there last year whale watching and he also recommended Kim's tours. ABout the hotels in Sosua, I was there this summer just for the afternoon and there was a hotel that was in construction just to the right of the beach where those vendors are. Is that the Victorian house or something else?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Serena, yes the hotel complex under construction that was on your right when you faced the sea from the beach was the complex that I told you about. There are 2 hotels: the 50 room Victorian House and the 190 room Sosua Bay. Victorian House is not all inclusive, the other is. Work is still ongoing in part of Sosua Bay, but a large part is completed. The Victorian House is finished. I would say the accomondations in both are the best in Sosua at present, with Victorian House being the better of the two. Its rooms are larger and contain more. Also, some of its rooms have their own private jacuzzi on a balcony overlooking the sea.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Serena, you may want to contact Kim in advance to get on her list for the desired day. Unlike the rest who load their boats with anyone who wants to go, Kim tries to control the number of passengers on her excursions so as to do an effective job and give some comfort space to those on the excursion.

Trina, if you check her first post, you will see that Serena asked for the newest and nicest hotel in Sosua.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so sorry, Ken... She also asked for the best...in my opinion, Eddy and his condos are the best. But thanks for pointing that out!

Last edited: