Residency

MEXICANO_81

Nov 24, 2002
First of all I just want to thank you guys before hand for any information available.

I need and want information on how I can obtain my Dominican Residency if possible, while living in Los Angeles, California. I was in Santo Domingo for 6 month's living and working, but out of irresponsobility i never looked into it. Any ways I was datin a Dominican Girl (reason why I was out there) got engaged, then when I went to Imigration Department, they told me that I would have to file forms. That was fine, my girl decided she didn't want to marry me or want anything with me for that matter, so I decided to come back to Cali. However I did fall in love with the culture and life style that I do want to go back out there on a permanent basis. Can I work on the legal documents to get my residency without being there physicaly? Can i get a Cedula issued to me out here? I have my own I.T company and just opened up a Gym, so being out there while that goes on would be hard. Any info I would really appreciat it.

Thank you once again

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Fabio Guzman, the attorney who responds to questions in this section will need to give you an official reply, but my understanding is that you can't avoid being here to complete the residency process. At least at the time I applied for residency, you could begin with the Dominican Consulate in the US, but had to finish in the DR. Don't know whether that is still the case.

Also, while waiting for a response from Fabio, do a search of the archives for everything on residency. Begin by clicking on the "search" button at top of this page.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Obtaining a residency is faster and easier if done from within the D.R. You could start the process from abroad through the nearest Dominican Consulate but I would never recommend it. I have seen too many cases of dishonest consular officers just taking the money and not doing anything with the file. Also, even if you start the process abroad you'll need to come down to the DR twice, first for the medical tests and second to receive the residency card.

MEXICANO_81

Nov 24, 2002
Thank you for the info.... how do i get a hold of the lawyer? The closest conulate is in New York...........I rather go to the D.R to file than the East Coast

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Contact Fabio Guzman, Mexicano, and have him do the work for you. I got my residency through his help. You can be confident he will get the job done, not take your money and do nothing.

His website is www.drlawyer.com and you can email him at info@drlawyer.com.

I can recommend him without reservation.

Last edited: