Cruiser taking landlubber vacation in Puerto Plata at Iberostar resort????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

altharv

Jan 12, 2003
Hello-to a new type of forum- Land travelers. We usualy take cruises and are active in cruise forums. We are used to reviews that tell the size of the rooms and the contents? we would like to know everything we can about this location (PUERTO PLATA) and this resort(IBEROSTAR COSTA DORADA)?? We plan on visiting the Dominican Republic in Feb 2003. Soooooo many questions??? Whats the safety like here? Whats the water and beach like?? Whats the trips that you can take?? How are the taxi's to ge around, and pricing? What is the Dominican Food? Chicken? Beef? Fish? DO THE VENDERS ON THE BEACH'S HARD SELL THIER WARES????????? Am I making a mistake and should stay on the water????
PLEASE HELP A NOT SO OLD SAILOR.
THAAAAAANNNNKK YOOOOOUU SOOOOOO VERRRRRY MUCCCCCCCHH
altharv

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nice to see you on the board :)

The first thing I would do is take the time to use the "search" function of this board. It's jammed packed with thousands of posts relating to your questions. After you have read all that you can find via the search, come back and post more specific questions and I'm sure you will get very specific answers :)

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Iberostar Costa Dorada

Hi altharv,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

We stayed at ICD for two weeks in April/02 and just loved it. It is definately near the top of our "Must Ruturn To" list. Go to: http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/travel24.html and there are 30 reviews plus an overflow page. The most recent is from January/03. After you read 'til it hurts post here or on Debbie's North Coast Board or e-mail me and I will do my best to help you.

Gregg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Just than my very demanding son says that it is the best on the North Shore....I think it stacks up pretty well...
Safety: No problem unless you carry lots of cash and flash it, lots of gold and wear it.....K.I.S.S.
Water and beach: Wet and sandy.
Things to do: Lots, including Paradise island, Jeep Safaris, Waterfall climbing, rafting, and more....

Try to visit Cafe Cito one evening for dinner and Sofy's B&B one morning for outstanding breakfast.

HB

altharv

Jan 12, 2003
AHOY AHOY

Thanks for the fast responce"s Hey FireGuy- I thought Debbie does Dallas? but if she also does dominican republic, ill check out her web site--THANKS Will let you know as the questions will certainly come up, from my better half. Hillbilly- We will visit sofy's and cafe Cito and tell them you suggested thier establishments. THANKS We won't carry lots of cash or wear lots of gold, because we don't have either, we are poor sailors. But we will carry love for our fellow man and look forward to meeting new people and seeing new places. ROBERT thanks for advice about the search section-can't wait to try this method of finding information about our destination. Everbody stay tuned, will write again after trying all these Idea's. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANKS
altharv

Curt

Jan 14, 2003
Hey there, I too have stayed at the Iberostar. Infact I got married there. My wife, my self and 18 other friends and family went down mid April of 2002 and had one of the best times of my life. "Fireguy" advise is quite sound. We checked out Debbies Dominican and the info is great. I've been to the resorts in the States, Mexico and Cuba and the Iberostar destroyed them all.
And Peurto Plata is a wonderful place to go. They don't recommend driving down there cause it is a little crazy, but that never stopped me and my wife to go on tour and double up an a skooter. And yes skooters are popular, so don't laugh. But taxi's are very much available for the weak of heart and their prices are pretty much set. However, you can also walk to down town Puerto Plata from the resort via the beach. Feel free to give me a shout with any other questions you might have.

Great Food, great drink, great time. Curt

Status
Not open for further replies.