Where to go snorkeling???

Greg

Jan 12, 2003
Hello DR!!! I will be visiting your country in February with the primary purpose of spending as much time as possible snorkeling. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where to go and where to stay. My email address is syslo@msn.com . Thanks, Greg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"Paradise Island" is really Cayo Arena, just west of Punta Ruc?a which is west of POP.
There are a lot of places to snorkle around that area. I used to do a lot of that, even had me a pet morey eel, at least I knew where he hung out.
Generally speaking the snorkling is better in the north than the south. BUT, you have to get out when the sun comes up so you get the glassy clear water. It is never as clear as the Red Sea-don't know why, but it is good snorkling and free diving.

HB

Greg

Jan 12, 2003
Thanks for the info HB. It looks like I will opt to stay at POP. Could you tell me what the transportation options would be to get to Punta Rucia and back on a more or less daily basis. Getting there early sounds like a must. Is there public transportation that can do that for me or will I have to rent a car? Thanks, Greg