Any cheap flights out of Michigan(surrounding areas)

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Prices of tickets have went up dramatically. I have flown AA twice out of Detroit(DTW) and both times paid less than 475US. I have to purchase 2 tickets this time and am trying to find tickets less than 525US total price each/including taxes for the end of March/early April(dates negotiable). Have checked out a few websites but are there any airports near lower part of Michigan/or(cities that border the Michigan border) that have more reasonable fares. I appreciate any info(Santiago is airport in question but wouldn't mind hearing about POP or SDQ as well). Many thanks.
dale7

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Dale7: Could you let me know what you find? I'm also in the Detroit area and would appreciate any info on cheap flights out of here. THe cheapest I've been able to find are charter flights through Apple Vacations or MLT vacations, but they only fly certain times of the year.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
suarez

No problem. If I find out anything I will let you know. Right now I am going to check on Toledo, Ohio and Winsor, Canada. Have all ready checked Grand Rapids, Lansing, Flint. If you find out anything let me know as well. Thanks.
dale7

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
No luck so far

suarezn,
Toledo and Detroit have only $1 price difference on same airlines. Windsor is around two hundred dollars more expensive. I thought Canada would be cheaper:( What I have found is that US Airways from Detroit is $421 before tax, Continental is $459 before tax, AA is $468 before tax(web fare only) using Travelocity flex flares. This is to SDQ but Santiago and POP are in same range. Never flown on US airways but with taxes it is 53?something. I was hoping for AA since I am an Advantage member but I don't want to pay almost $600. Oh well, if I find something else out I will let you know. If anyone can help us out, we appreciate all feedback.
dale7

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
thanks but can I have some more info

Hlywudd,
That sounds great for that price. What website did you get the quote from? Please tell me:) If I fly out of Canada, I will only fly out of WIndsor because it is not that far from me. Thanks.
Marina,
I checked out the website but had no luck with WIndsor to the DR. But I also had to type in specific dates, there were no flexible searches so that may have been the problem though I tried several random dates. I can only travel from March 29-April 14 so I have to look for fares between these dates.
dale7