For: Mr. Guzman

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpmiami

Jan 19, 2003
Mr. Guzman,

Is this true, can you actual start a small operation, ONE MAN OPERATION... without acutally incorporate in DR?

How is this possible.. I read the following from this website.

What is considered "INFORMALLY"

This business will be a service business.. a service for Kids parties?

3. If you are a small operation, start doing business informally to see if there is a market for the idea. If it works, incorporate. You will need a lawyer to do this. Consider incorporating as a business of a single owner or as a company with at least seven shareholders. The advantage to being a compa??a por acciones/sociedad an?nima is that you will not be personally liable for actions taken while doing business.

vpmiami

Jan 19, 2003
How would you report you taxes.. if your not incorporated? What is Personal Liability exactly? I get Personal Liability insurance?
What is the cost range to have a Lawyer in your firm to prepare and complete the forms for a S Corp.? How long does it take to Incorporate and recieve the Articles?

Here is cost $385.00 and it takes about two weeks for the articles to arrive?

If I wan to Copy Write and Trademark in the US, do I also have to Copywrite and Trademark in DR?

Thanks...

vpmiami

Jan 19, 2003
Mr. Guzman,

How do Dominicas have a business without being Incorporated? How do they report their earnings to the Goverment and pay taxes on Captial gains or even pay employess?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Taking a deep breath! vpmiami Mr Guzman is a busy man and it's so great of him to drop in and answer some of our questions. But it sounds like you don't understand many thing about business or maybe it's all new to you and you're not clear on the whole picture. Do you know what capital gains are exactly? Mr Guzman said that some incorporate to avoid personal liabiliy. That means if the business goes under the people you owe money to can't come after your personal assests.
You have personal liability insurance? Good all that means is that if someone gets hurt on your property the insurance company will take care of it. Or in the case of car insurance well that's a different subject.

vpmiami

Jan 19, 2003
I have two business here in MIAMI... but in getting some fed back.. it appears to work totally different in DR. Yes, I do know what Capital Gains means.... Thanks for the information on Personal Liability. being that I am incorporate in Miami.. I did not need to acquire Personal Liability. However.. in the US.. you need to have a minimum of an "S corporation to operate a buisness.. with this... comes a Federal Tax ID number.. so that you can file your taxes.

How do Dominicans operate a business without being incorporated? How do you report your earnings.. wouldn't some govenment agency track you done.. and close your business?

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
vpmiami said:
However.. in the US.. you need to have a minimum of an "S corporation to operate a buisness.. with this... comes a Federal Tax ID number.. so that you can file your taxes.

Let me poke my nose in here to comment that one is not required to form a Subchapter S corporation to operate a business in the US. There are many legally acceptable forms of business ownership, of which the "S" corporation is but one.

Most of my friends and relatives operate businesses. Most are individual proprietorships, some are incorporated, and some have various forms of partnerships.

Federal Tax ID number isn't a problem for individuals; SSN is sufficient.

Swede

vpmiami

Jan 19, 2003
Swede,

How can I get more information on this... do you have suggestions....

I would rather hold off on spending money on setting an "S" Corp. Mr. Guzman states it's pretty expensive. I would like to see how well my business does before I actually Incorporate.

Isn't Individual Proprietorship that same as an "S" Corp.

How about if you have to employee one or two employees?

Thanks for any update....

vpmiami

Jan 19, 2003
Swede...

I am actually inquiring about business in DR.. not the U.S.

Sorry about the confusion.. Would you happen to know anything about how it's done in DR?

vpmiami

Jan 19, 2003
Anna,

To answer...Mr. Guzmon actual has not answered my questoins.. and yes.. I have done research on DRI.. it also does not answer any of my questions...

I research the archieves and still my questions have not been answered on this Forum.. or on any of the information DR1 has on the site. All the information is very general information....

I guess I will have to seek information directly from sorces in DR...and not depend on this site when it comes to setting up a buisness in DR.

vpmiami

Jan 19, 2003
By the way Anna, if you read this thread in full.. you will see.. I was only responding Swede... who thought I wanted information to set upo in the US.. I already have two companies in the US... I was not asking him again again... and you stated....

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
"I guess I will have to seek information directly from sorces in DR"

Ideal thing to do, go see Fabio Guzman personally.

vpmiami

Jan 19, 2003
Yes, I have his phone number.. I will call him before I leave on 2/6 to arrange an appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.