What would you expect in a Disco ?

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Well this is kind of a poll for our DR1 friends who live in Sosua, cabarete, puerto plata and costambar.

What would you like to find in a Disco?
What music?
Ambience?
Dress code?
would you drive from sosua to cofresi?

let me know your comments.

CGeorge.
:bunny:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Personally if I wanted to hear rock, techno, dance music ect. I would stay home. I like to hear whatever the tend is in that country. Some may not like Merengue but hey that is where it originated from. I love salsa as well as Bachata. So when in Rome.....

Dec 9, 2002
Techno/House/Trance
God, I must be getting old! Whichever country I travelled to I would want to hear the local music. Anna is right, you can hear everything else - should you want to - at home.

In the DR I love merengue and bachata, but I don't listen to it at home in England - I have tried, but somehow it aint the same.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Well, you are making false assumptions, babe!

I am not travelling TO the DR - I live in Cofresi.

Some people like certain types of music and don't care in which country they are - to listen and dance to it. However, I do agree that one should 'take-in' local music and culture when travelling abroad. I have now listened to Merengue and Bachata for the last 6 months and personally, I cannot hear it anymore.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2002
No, I'm not making any assumptions at all. You live in Dr and you're tired of the music probably because it's all around day in day out, I live in England and visit 2 or 3 times a year. I love it, but if I was there all the time maybe it would begin to grate a little after a while.

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Dress code

Yes I totally agree on the dress code, arent you tired of going to discos in the area and being sorrounded of kids looking like if they are ready to hit the court? as well as the sense of security, you dont know if it is a motoconcho or just a joe who is drinkin next to your table.