Explain terms to Newbie!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Sanki's are BLACK as coal, usually Dominicans, that prey on gringas for their money, for a visa and least of all their LOVING. You will generally see them hang out at the Discos and at the All inclusives.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Now, now Jazzy...some of them are light-skinned Dominicans too...let's not discriminate ;) Also, they're not exclusive to the disco and AI anymore, heck we even have some of them living in Toronto now too.

Lauray - if you're a female, watch out for the guys professing their un-dying love to you while you're vacationing. They are the sankies. They also go by the name of Animador. Keep your wallet and your heart closed and you'll do fine.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Debs mentioned your wallet and your legs should be kept closed,

you might want to think about keeping your legs closed too! Or use "PANTERA" condoms.They are thick as rubber boots! Sankis prey on women of all countries,not just Americans.Most do tendT to be darker rather than lighter.Dancing and F**king are their specialties.Enjoy both,but give them a bigger story than they give you when it comes to money! When it comes time to pay the bill,don't have any money with you,really,leave it in the room safe.And never have any cash around the room!Don't have an ATM card,they will suggest you use it.No credit card,they will take you to the bank for a cash withdrawl.Tell them your mother is sending you some money by Western Union.Keep using that one until you are gone.Go to the Western Union with them every day,ask if there is any money for you.Get upset when there is none.Make an angry call to your mother(Girlfriend) and ask where the money is!Promise to send then money as soon as you get home! You will enjoy everything you get from them a lot more when you realize that you "scammed" them,and not visa/versa!!CRIS

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Re: Debs mentioned your wallet and your legs should be kept closed,

Criss Colon said:
you might want to think about keeping your legs closed too! Or use "PANTERA" condoms.They are thick as rubber boots! Sankis prey on women of all countries,not just Americans.Most do tendT to be darker rather than lighter.Dancing and F**king are their specialties.Enjoy both,but give them a bigger story than they give you when it comes to money! When it comes time to pay the bill,don't have any money with you,really,leave it in the room safe.And never have any cash around the room!Don't have an ATM card,they will suggest you use it.No credit card,they will take you to the bank for a cash withdrawl.Tell them your mother is sending you some money by Western Union.Keep using that one until you are gone.Go to the Western Union with them every day,ask if there is any money for you.Get upset when there is none.Make an angry call to your mother(Girlfriend) and ask where the money is!Promise to send then money as soon as you get home! You will enjoy everything you get from them a lot more when you realize that you "scammed" them,and not visa/versa!!CRIS

Newbie,

As Cris is stating, the best defense is a good offense.

Good Luck,

M

Lauray

Jan 29, 2003
Sorry to have misrepresented myself....I'm only a Newbie as far as the "lingo", but the rest well......I've been to the Domincan a couple of times, years ago and will be returning for a visit soon.....
my son's Father is Dominican..((no I didn't meet him there, and I never gave him money....Ha Ha. ))
In fact it's the opposite....(just kidding). We are not a couple...but no regrets...I have a GORGEOUS son, who loves Dominican music and food, and his Dad supports him financially and emotionally, so they aren't all bad!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) It is the Dominican Republic, not the "Dominican" or DR if you wish.
2) You are lucky
3) Have fun.

HB

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
HB,

You must have been reading my mind. I was
just about to post something similar to your
point #1. As always you remain my favorite
fellow DR1 member.

M

Lauray

Jan 29, 2003
OOPs, sorry for the typo. Is that what this board is about???
Also, I thought that saying "going to the Dominican" was acceptable. Almost everyone I've met from there will say they are from the Dominican or going back for a visit to the Dominican.
I'm sure you'll set me straight.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Actually when asked where someone is from they say "soy Dominicano or Dominicana" whis is different than "from Dominican"