When is AeroContinente Dominicana finally start operating??

iligalife_01

Jan 31, 2003
This message goes out to anybody that could give me info on this matter. I've seen on this message board that the person that could give me this info is samana1.

Ever since mid october this company has stopped operating and hasn't given an official date of when they are going to RE-start operating, the only routes they are flying are the sdq - mia and this isnt handelled by Dominicana , its being taken care of by Peru .

I know a friend of mines who is supposed to be an employee from the company and EVEN HE doesnt know what the company's status and situation are.He told me that they fired 70% of the employees currently working for them at the time (oct.02 - nov.02) and that supposedly they are planning to start operating now in feb. 03., but from the looks of everything it doenst seem so! Probably somebody that has access to info from the F.A.A. or something like that could actually tell me some hard info i could base myself on.

Please anybody with info on this post a message.

my email also just in case is iligalife_01@hotmail.com

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Well, in according to some serious sources from Aeronautica Civil, Aerocontinente Dominicana will not operate any soon. Their plans to operate SDQ HAV SDQ are postponed. Remember that they brought 737-200 a long time ago to SDQ. It looks like they will not operate at all, or if they would it will be very short period, actually Aeromar plans to fly on routes they want, they have 737 too and it seems that BQ is close to start caribbean routes. Anyway, what's the point of it, why are you interested in this carrier, all the routes they want are operated already, so it is nothing new.

Thinking of PAN AM expirience here I don't think Aerocontinente will last long.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
AC Dominicana

Aero Continente Dominicana is waiting for an confirm to fly into Havana - Santo Domingo.

Santo Domingo - Havana
Santo Domingo - Aruba

This flights will starting in 3 or 4 months max 5 months

Aero Continente Dominicana fleet:

2 Boeing 737-200Adv
2 Boeing 767-200ER (operated by Aero Continente)

Aero Continente will aslo include San Juan Puerto Rico, i have the schedules operated in the second Boeing 737-200adv (operated by Aero Continente)

SDQ 10:00 - 11:00 SJU
SJU 11:45 - 12:45 SDQ

When they will starting to San Juan is Unknown

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Well, plans of airlines to open new markets are plans. Real flights are real flights. Maybe Air Santo Domingo plans to fly to the Moon, who cares about plans.