income taxes

calovegas

Jan 30, 2003
for an american working in dr for an american company, what deductions are taken out of their pay?

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
1st, Are you getting paid weekly, from the U.S.?

If So

I work for a U.S. company.
A small portion of my pay-check is paid in pesos, every 2 weeks, just like most of the workers get paid here.
My U.S. portion is in dollars, every week, direct deposit. I take advantage of the U.S. tax exemption for that part. ( I would rather not get into the details on this, you can easily find out on you own)

Citi-Bank in the U.S., Open an account, register for on-line banking.
I personally have 2 accounts.
1st account, direct deposit for my pay-check. The ATM Cards for this account, are with my folks back home.
2nd account, I transfer On-line, from the 1st account to the 2nd account, Only what I need for the week. I use my Citi-Bank DEBIT charge card, at ATM?s, charge at cash registers, and so-on, for the 2nd account.

I am limited to cash available in the 2nd account, in case of fraud or theft, on-line transfers are instantaneous from 1 account to the other. Yes I pay the ATM fees here, but I am not paying Cash Advance Fees, at CitiBank, it?s a debit to the cash in the account. They do require a minimum to open one. CitiBank uses the U.S. dollar to D.R. Peso value printed in the Wall Street journal.
At the ATM's, I can take up to $1000. U.S. dollars a day, IF THE CASH IS IN THE ACCOUNT, this is not a credit card.

CitiBank in the D.R., there are 3 branches in the Capital, FORGET ABOUT THEM.
The have the name, but most times, they cannot help with banking issue?s.

I also have Dollar and Pesos account?s with Banco Popular

Cut and pasted from
DR1 FORUMS
LIVING

On this Board

Hope this helps!
Tim H.