Coral marien theme song??

Raquel

Feb 1, 2003
Where can I find this song I have looked all over the net and Kazza (mp3).
I dont know the name of it I just thought it was called chocolate friends.
Please help. I really wanna hear it again.
Thanks

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Chocolate Song

Raquel, I bought the CD at the gift shop Coral Costa Caribe. All Coral resorts have the same music. I can email the file to you, send me your email address. There is the Chocolate song in english, french, and spanish. let me know which one you want.
John
jblersch@optonline.net

Last edited:

Amanda Jade

Aug 2, 2003
Hi Raquel,
If you still haven't got the theme song for the Chocolate friends, you should click on to www.coralhotels.com you can hear a small piece from the song there. I stayed at the Coral Hamaca in June 2003, and loved the Chocolate friends and the song too!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Wow, an actual theme song??

Raquel said:
Thanks

Is it called the gringos are here again?

And chocolate friends is SO perjorative to people of colour in the DR, I am constantly amazed by the Coral/Hamaca's continued cruel use of the term.

Raquel

Feb 1, 2003
Chocolate te te

Most of the Dominicans dont mind "CHocolate " when describing them. They are not as freaked out about this things as much as us Canadian.

ricktoronto

Come on now let them all search for the stuff on their infamous peer to peer Kazaa, and fill their computer with so much spyware they will never get it out.
An absolute piece of crap software, sure you might find a song but whatelse happens to your resources, computer speed, imagine your new Pentium 4 slowing down to the speed of an old 686 machine. It will happen.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Re: ricktoronto

Hlywud said:
Come on now let them all search for the stuff on their infamous peer to peer Kazaa, and fill their computer with so much spyware they will never get it out.
An absolute piece of crap software, sure you might find a song but whatelse happens to your resources, computer speed, imagine your new Pentium 4 slowing down to the speed of an old 686 machine. It will happen.

While they are in Kazaa they can look for "Hey Whitey" and " You , Yeah You Stupid Gringo Sucker" the unofficial Boca Chica songs OUTSIDE the Coral hotel.

Actually you use Kazaalite and don't update it from 1.7.2 there's no spyware at all. MP3 and MPEG1 files are pretty harmless.

Rae

Jan 2, 2002
How would you get rid of the spyware and have your computer back up to par?

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Freeware can help you

Rae said:
How would you get rid of the spyware and have your computer back up to par?

This is a waste of my ONE-THOUSANDTH post but

1. Download Adaware V 6, latest version from lavasoft.com. Update it after installing

2. Download and run Spybot Search and Destroy (use the tame (default) version unless you are quite adept)

3. Uninstall Kazaa (or Kazaa media desktop or whatever the hell they call it now)

4. Download and install kazaalite from www.kazaalite.com - stick with the old V 1.7.2 ( though all versions of kazaalite have been reverse enginnered to remove the spyware from the actual kazaa program).

5. Refuse to "update" kazaalite which it wil prompt you to do EVERY SINGLE TIME you start it.

6. Don't install stuff unless you search the web ( there are quite a few sites that will report what freeware has spyware).

7. Run Adaware and Spybot weekly and use the update functions in both to keep signature files current. Use a free firewall like Zonealarm, and a good , paid-for Anti Virus , specifically Norton .

JoeCM

Jun 12, 2004
Coral Marien Chocolate Friends Song

Hello.
I just came back from Coral Marien in the Dominican Republic and I am looking for the Chocolate Friends song. I think it is called "Celebracion". Does anybody have it? Can you send it to me (the english and/or spanish version)? I really liked this song and I would like to have it.

Thanks for your help. Joe

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Raquel said:
Thanks
I have the "Celebration" cd, send your email address to me!
John

X_zoe_X

Aug 26, 2005
johnsr said:
Raquel, I bought the CD at the gift shop Coral Costa Caribe. All Coral resorts have the same music. I can email the file to you, send me your email address. There is the Chocolate song in english, french, and spanish. let me know which one you want.
John
jblersch@optonline.net

Do you still have the chocolate song? Could you send it me please?

Zoe

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I have it on vynil

If you play it backwards it says:

"I am a sankie, I am a sankie, I am a sankie" over and over and then something about Western Union and how mom needs an operation.

Jan 5, 2006
MrMike said:
If you play it backwards it says:

"I am a sankie, I am a sankie, I am a sankie" over and over and then something about Western Union and how mom needs an operation.

That is funny as hell!

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
In favor of the name "Chocolate" Friends, based on second-hand information posted on dr1 as to who the Chocolate Friends tend to be:

Like Chocolate, "Chocolate Friends" are:

Addictive
Tasty
Good for your health
Something ladies yearn for
Proven to please the ladies
Better than a new pair of shoes

So, I do not think the "Chocolate" was purely refering to race or skin-color, just some publicity as to how great they are!