Board Propietary Software Query

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
It appears that the Private Messages feature is out of order.

I happened to check it today while going into my profile, and noticed a had a number of messages (five to be exact) on it dating as far back as three weeks. However, my front page notice box reads as follows:

OwnRules - You have 0 new message(s) since your last visit.
(You have 0 unread messages and 7 total messages in all your folders.)

Is this feature in fact out of order? Or is there something else I should be doing in order to activate it?

Appreciate any replies. In the meantime my apologies to those that tried contacting me via this method. I was obviously unaware of your messages until right now.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
OwnRules, if you go to your "usercp", you can request an email notice whenever someone sends you a PM. That works fine; you click the link in the notice and it takes you right to the message.

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Thanks guys!

Great tip, Ken -- will do so. Much appreciated

PS-Just as a point of interest Robert, 'cause this is no big whoop anyway. Could it be that I understand the function incorrectly? Meaning that I though messages would reamain as "new" as long as I don't open them, while the software just tells that there no messages since my last visit -- regardless or whether I've read them or not.

Does that even make sense? ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The messaging info is cookie based. It assumes you read all new messages when you access the board.