Santo Domingo B&B's or homestays

Catemaco

Feb 9, 2003
I'll be flying into Santo Domingo next week and would like to spend a couple days seeing the sites in the capital. Can anyone suggest homestay-style accomodations near the colonial city?

I realize it's late to be asking, but I really don't like big hotels much, especially since I will be traveling alone.

Oh, I speak Spanish (although Caribbean accents are a little hard for me to follow).

The posts in this forum are really getting me psyched up for my trip.

Catemaco

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It is not exactly what you have asked about, but in Santo Domingo I stay at La Grand Mansion on Danae. Walking distance to the Colonial City. It is an old home in was once a fine section of SD that was converted into a 9-room hotel. Traveling alone, you will pay RD$350/night. Nothing fancy, but you will have a comfortable bed, bathroom with shower, and ceiling fan. My wife and I have been staying there for years when in SD.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Don't know any bed and breakfast places. Theres alot of hotels on the Conde in the center on the Colonial Zone. Most you can just walk in and get a room. So if you don't have a place before you come it won't be hard to find one.

CMS

Jan 28, 2003
Betty's bed and breakfast in the colonial zone is a funky little spot. Sorry but I am unable to find a web site.

Catemaco

Feb 9, 2003
Thanks so much for the contact info. I've seen Betty's mentioned elsewhere, but didn't know how to get in touch with them.