Suggestions for Restaurants

domgirl1

Apr 5, 2002
Can anyone help me with any suggestions of some restaurants in the Capital. My husband and I are looking to go out but we wanted to hear from people that have already experienced any places in DR. We had previously visited a very nice Italian restaurant on the Malecon but cant recall the name.

Anyhow, we wanted to try another place. In general we like seafood, Italian or any good steakhouses. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
The place you went to is called Vesuvio and is pretty good. If you like Italian, try Bricciola on Merino in the Colonial zone. You dine in a nice open air courtyard.

For steaks, Davey Crocketts is the best. It is on Romulo Bettencourt near Tiradentes.

I am most likely going to the Churrascaria at the Intercontinental for Valantine's day. It is where we first went out to dinner. Not even close to the level of a Churrascaria in Brazil, but pretty good for SD.

Seafood, I like Neptunos but that is in Boca Chica. Also Meson De La Cava is a neat little restaurant in a natural cave. The food is good, not great, but it is a place you will talk about later.

There is an Argentinan Steak House on Independencia that is pretty good as well.

domgirl1

Apr 5, 2002
Hey thanks Rafael. I'm not sure if it was Vesuvio's but it sure was good, can tell you that much. As far as Neptuno's they're booked and so is El Pelicano at the Hamaca. They have great food.

At least when my husband and I stayed there. I'll have to try that Meson De La Cava because I've heard of it. And thanks for the steakhouse suggestions.