I miss DR...

Sunshyne

Nov 27, 2002
Again! Anyone know of Dominican-friendly establishments in Toronto for those that are "homesick"...I've been to the usual haunts on College & Bathurst but looking for something more Dominican. (Although I have to say that I find Dominican men in Canada to be more agressive and less charming than in DR - just my personal impression).

Maybe the answer is another trip to Santo Domingo. That is after my quick jaunt to Jamaica. I am thinking of another month long trip to RD this summer. Anyone know of cheap but decent apartments in Juan Dolio area?

Thanks all!

Amber

Jan 24, 2003
Sunshine, my sister in law has a great job in San Pedro and lives in a beautiful Juan Dolio three floor Apartment building, across from the beach. Her neighbors go back to Europe during the summer and sublet their apartments. It's a reasonably safe area and fun as h--l . I'll ask her if they're not already booked.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Hi Sunshyne,

To feel like you've been transported back to the DR, you have to check out Las Brisas on a Sunday night...it's also called Dominican Sunday. We only go on Sunday's that fall on a long weekend, so I don't know what it's like on a regular Sunday, but long weekends are really good there! The club is owned by a Dominican.

Also, this Friday night Yoskar Sarante is here in concert and there are sure to be a lot of Dominicans there!

Check your PM's...I'm sending you some more info!

Debs